23. Change

We set my things in his room, "I am really sorry that I-" he raises his hand stopping me.

"I am the one who didn't want ya to leave in a cheap motel so don't apologize. I don't usually share my room with other girls besides my bed but I will with ya" he says giving me a small smile.

"And why I am getting the special treatment?" I chuckle at him.

"You remind me of someone" he mumbles probably not meaning for me to hear but I did anyway.

I just give him a smile and plop down on the bed and lay down.

My eyes start to feel heavy, "It's the medicines, sleep you are not fully healed" I hear Damon's voice lulling me to sleep.

-/-

"Wake up sleeping beauty" I hear his cocky voice making me groan. I press my face into soft pillows.

"Come on, I got pizza, it's downstairs" he says gaining my attention .

"Olives?" I ask squinting my eyes at him.

"Extra virgin" he smirks at me referring to me.

I give him a deadpanned look and he starts laughing.

"Har har" I says rolling my eyes and moving to the side so he can sit.

Before I can open my mouth suddenly the door bursts open and Elena walks in with.

"Stefan" me and Damon say in unison.

So much for not telling them.

Elena tackles me into a hug and Damon just stands there.

I pull away and look at her teary eyes.

"Why did you leave?" She sobs.

"It just didn't felt like home, like I didn't belong there" I tell her without beating around the bush and she lets out a sob.

"But it is!" she exclaims with teary eyes.

"Elena it didn't feel like it is, it is kind of suffocating" I whisper, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Then you are going to go back?" She asks.

I shake my head no and I see her slightly relaxes.

"I won't be leaving Mystic Falls but I won't be staying at your house either, but I will find a house close by" I slowly say to her and she nods at me.

"So at least till then come back?" She takes my hands in hers.

I shake my head no.

"But-"

"She already made a promise to me" Damon interrupts.

She glares at him, "Are you sure? You can't trust him" she hisses at me.

"Don't worry about it okay?" I tell her shrugging.

Suddenly she grabs my face, "Has he compelled you? Did you take off your ring?" She asks suddenly. I swat her hand off of my face, as I feel anger bubbling inside, "No he hasn't compelled me and I am still wearing my ring" I point towards my ring on my finger with annoyance.

"Then?"

"Like I said Elena I don't feel at home there" I look her dead in the eye.

She lets out a huge sigh, "I am so sorry."

I look at her and shrug, "It's not your fault it's been two three days since I was thinking to get a new place I guess I am not used to living with people plus Jeremy was right" I chuckle dryly lying.

"What did Jeremy said?" Elena questions instantly.

"Nothing he wasn't suppose to, and seriously I will be fine. I guess I really just want my own place, sharing a home with someone after being alone and all on my own didn't sit well with me you know" I tell her sincerely.

She finally nods making me internally let out a sigh.

"But that place will always gonna be your home okay? And move to Stefan's room I will talk to him" she says.

"No, I already put my stuff here don't worry Damon won't do anything and if he tries to I can burn him with vervain" I say and look at Damon giving him a smirk. He rolls his eyes at me and ruffles my hair.

"Alright as soon as you find a place let me know and I will help" she says making me nod at her.

She sits next to me and I look at Damon, he slightly nods his head and leaves the room.

"So you will be staying with Damon Salvatore" she hisses at me with venom dripping from her voice, "How could you do this to Stefan? Heck how could you do this to me and Caroline, didn't you see he was manipulating and hurting her" She scolds making me raise my eyebrow at her 180 of attitude.

"Last time I checked Caroline is not my friend and you and Stefan are no longer together plus you asked for Damon's help to erase Jeremey's suffering-whatever that means" I look her dead in the eye.

"But-"

"Listen Elena I appreciate your concern I really do but how about you tone down a bit and don't try to guilt trip me because it is not gonna work" I give her tight lip smile.

She looks down and plays with her finger. "Will you be going to the game today?" she asks.

"Nope" I tell her laying down on the bed, not really in a mood to talk with her.

"I'll be leaving now then, take care" she pulls me in a hug and I return it. She walks out of the room and suddenly unsettling silence fills the room.

I hear the faint sound of door closing and a loud whoosh.

I turn my head and see Damon sitting there dangling his feet like a kid.

"So what you wanna do?" he asks.

"What I wanna do is eat the pizza, go to work and start looking for places maybe" I say shrugging.

"Come on I will drop you off" he says taking his car keys.

"Okaie" I hop off of his bed and take my uniform shirt and apron.

"Let's go" I look up at him.

"Aren't you going to change?" He raises his eyebrow.

"I'll change in the cafe" I shrug and he nods his head.

-----

Status: unedited