39. Deals

Elena asked Elijah to release Stefan from the tomb without releasing Kathrine. Probably one of the smartest thing she has done in a while.

Elijah agree to her demand and she left leaving me and him alone. He turns on his heels and looks at me.

"You are not part of the deal" he says in monotone making me raise my brow in question.

"You will be protected no matter what even if your sister breaks that word which I am sure she will" he adds.

"And why would you do that?" I fold my arms across my chest and question him.

"I have my own reasons" he dismisses my question, "so don't worry about it."

"Alright then" I accept without questioning him any further.

"I shall see you again soon" he straightens his posture walking towards the door. He raises his hand to open the door. "Just so you know Elena isn't my biological sister by any means" I mumble which I am pretty sure he heard because he stopped his movements.

"What?" he turns his head towards me, I plop down on the bed and nod my head.

"And how did you come to this conclusion?" He looks at me suspiciously. I let out a sigh, "Elena's mother journal and letters, she mentioned about me how the Gilbert's kidnapped me when I was an infant" I tell him leaving out the why.

"You are joking" he scoffs and I look at him shaking my head no.

"Why did she kidnapped you?"

"Well that I can't tell you but there is a lot more to it, as there a page that has been torn probably on which has written what they planning on doing with me" I give him a tight lip smile.

"I will you recover that piece" he replies seriously.

"No need, I rather not find out, I have already cut all the ties with the Gilbert family besides Elena and Jeremy anyway" I shrug my shoulders, "I still consider them my family but they don't know about me knowing things about myself" I add.

"Does the other two know of this information?" he questions.

"I don't think so and I like to keep it that way as long as I can and I think only Damon Salvatore knows" I answer.

"Thank you for trusting me" He nods his head, walking out and shutting the door behind him.

Why did I just told him that?

-/-

I make my way towards the Salvatore house only to be met by Damon standing over Rose.

"What happen?" I leave my back on the floor and jog towards them.

"Yesterday Mason's werewolf friend came into town, which caused us trouble and our hero of the town has declared Mason Lockwood as a missing person so naturally I tried to make her leave in a hostile manner-" I roll my eyes at the last part, "and she marked me for pissing her off so like you know yesterday was a full moon and she attacked me but Rose got into her way and" Damon slips the robe from Rose's shoulder.

My birthday is on the next full moon.

An involuntarily gasp leaves my lips as I look at the huge infected area.

"Werewolves bites are fatal to vampire" he finishes.

"What about the cure?"

"Nothing yet" Damon lets out a sigh, "But I am on my way to that werewolf to ask about a cure so will you please play nurse for me?" he asks with pleading eyes. I nod my head and he gives me a side hug before vanishing.

Suddenly a red head comes to my mind, "I might be able to find a cure" I say making Rose's eyes widen. I take out my phone and dial Ashlee's number.

"Heyyyyy bitchhhhhh" she picks the call on the first ring, Rose lets out a chuckle.

"Everything later this is serious" I tell her.

"Right, shoot."

"Well one of my vampire friends got bitten by a werewolf and-"

"Isla I am so sorry but remember the warning I was tell you about?"

"Yeah?"

"That was this warning that to steer away from werewolves during full moon as the their bites can be fatal" she says, "I am really sorry" she whisper with sad voice.

"It is okay" a tight lip smile makes a way to my lips even though she can't see me.

"Alright I will tal-"

"I haven't finished yet!" she screams making me pull away the phone from my ear.

"There is no cure but to minimise the pain make your friend drink made from freshly cut wolfsbane" she informs.

"Thank you is there anything else?" I ask her.

"Is someone with you?" she questions.

"Yup" I reply.

"Alright then will talk to you later" she says ending the call before I can reply to her.

"Freshly cut wolfsbane huh?" Rose smiles. 

"Yup, I-" the door slams open before, Damon in all his leather jacket glory with annoyed expression on his face.

He signals his head to follow me,  I give Rose a small smile getting up from the futon.

We go to the faraway hallway, "There is no cure" he whisper yells.

I nod at him, "But we can reduce her pain by giving her freshly cut wolfsbane" I whisper back at him.

"How do you know that?"

"My best friend who I told about all of this is helping me research all about supernatural stuff, don't worry she will take it to her grave" I quickly add, "plus how to help Elena so you know she must've come across it" I tell him.

"But where we are going to find freshly cut wolfsbane?" he raises his brow at me.

"Well that part she didn't told me" I let out a sigh, Damon rolls his eyes at me making me hit him at the back of his head.

We hear footsteps coming down and see Elena, "What are you two doing?" she looks at me and Damon suspiciously.

"Looking for a cure for Rose speaking of which are you busy right now?" he asks Elena. She shakes her head no, Damon grabs her and mine wrists, pulling us towards the living room.

"I am taking nurse numero uno, and leaving you with nurse 2.0" he pushes Elena forward and she nods at Rose. He drags me outside and asks for his car keys, I throw it to him which he easily catches with his left hand.

"Show off" I mumble playfully, finally a small smirk breaks out on his face.

I smile internally, getting in the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"At the grill I left Alaric there to look after the bitch, I think he might knows something" he answers.