13. Falling

I grab the new novels from the passenger seat, I purchased from the newly opened library funded by the Lockwood family, when I saw a whole brochure stuck to the wipers of my cars, I couldn't help but let the curiosity get the best of me and I ended up buying books more than I should've. I make my way towards the front door and suddenly the door swings open before I can even raise my hand to insert the keys.

I see a smirking Damon looking down at me.

Great.

I have to deal with this asshole twice in one night?

Woah where this confidence is coming from.

Huh?

Calling a vampire asshole who can snap my neck like a twig within blink of an eye.

I roll my eyes at him and try to walk past him but he stands in the way raising his eyebrow at me, "And why you might be here? Are ya following me? Or might I say stalking me?" He says in a flirty done.

"I live here" I roll my eyes at him and bump my shoulder against his while walking in.

Big mistake.

I let out an 'ow' at the impact, and he lets out a chuckle. I turn my head slightly to throw a quick glare at him and he just smirks at me.

I turn around and the door closes behind me. I walk in towards the living room and I see Caroline sitting on the love seat with Elena next to Stefan and Bonnie standing in the kitchen.

"You guys need any help?" I question leaning against the door frame.

"Nope we all got it" Elena smiles at me, "There is leftover in the fridge" she says and I nod at her.

"Thanks I'll eat it later, maybe" I smile at her and she nods at me.

"Not to be rude or anything who is he?" I point behind me with my thumb as I feel Damon standing behind me.

"That's Damon Salvatore duh, Stefan's brother and my boyfriend" Caroline replies, slightly jerking her head when she mentions the word boyfriend, like it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"Now, now Caroline don't go all out on the labels" Damon speaks and I see Caroline's face dropping.

"I am not really hungry, super tired I'll just go to bed" I quickly say, I can't stand being in here but before I can turn, I feel two hands on my shoulder and I look up to see Damon looking down at me.

"Get your hands off of me" I say trying to shrug his hands off but he hold my shoulder tightly.

"What the fuck dude get your hands off of me" I hiss at him loudly but not loud enough for others to hear. He removes his hand and raises his hands in surrender.

"Listen here asshole, you might be my sister's boyfriend brother but I won't hesitate to break your hand and shove it so far up your ass that you won't be able to reach it" I grip his face with my thumb and the finger on which the ring is on and as soon as rings comes in contact with his face he lets out a yelp.

I am so dead.

"Got that?" I say looking him in the eyes and he nods. I push him back and he covers his face with his palm where the ring left a small burn.

"Tight grip" I hear him mumble.

I walk upstairs and lock my door and lean against.

"I just pissed off a 145 year old vampire" I mumble to myself.

I rub my temple, "Oh well can't do anything about it now" I take my clothes from the wardrobe and head towards the bathroom.

After a nice warm shower I walk out with my uniform clutched in my hands. I stop myself right outside the bathroom and concentrate to hear any commotion downstairs.

After few minutes of standing in absolutely silence. I let out a breath, everyone is either sleeping or gone.

How long was I in the shower?

I shrug and start to walk towards my room. As I swing open the door I see Damon sprawled across my bed with a smirk on his face.

My breath hitches and next thing I know he is in my face.

He slam his hand against my head on the door, trapping me in.

"So you already knew what I am so why did you put all the helpless act-" he stops himself and glance above and click his tongue and look back down at me, "you know what I don't care" his minty breath fans my face making me scrunch my face. I turn my head but he grips my chin and forces me to look at him.

"What do you want?" I breath out looking him in the eyes, trying to keep my brave face on.

"Like I said you know who I am clearly so you will help me with umm
things" he says shrugging.

"I won't do shit" I place my hand on his chest and try to push him away but he doesn't budge.

I let out a frustration groan, he takes my hand in his.

"You will help me or I will feast on you" his face slowly turns like the one I saw on that alleyway that day, his incisors start to grow into fangs and his eyes start to turn blood shot. He leans down towards my neck.

"Sure go ahead, I hope you enjoy the taste of Vervain" I roll my eyes. I hear him chuckle and he retreats his head and leans back.

"I am curious as to how you got a Vervain ring. I thought I burnt every last Vervain here. You definitely know a lot then you are letting on" he looks me dead in the eye and I just roll my eyes at him.

"Well for your information I didn't knew shit before Stefan explained things to me, you can ask him the whole story when you get back home and if you are done, I want to sleep" I say and duck under his arm and start to walk towards the bed. I hear a whoosh and I see my bedroom door slightly ajar.

I finally let out the breath that I didn't know I was holding and fell face first on the bed.

I pissed off a vampire.
—————

Status: unedited