44. Normal

For the first time in a while I woke up by myself without any loud knocking. My head is still slightly pounding from the impact but it is slowly fading away. I sit up on the bed, loving the feeling of chilled room.

I look outside to see it is dusk, soft light is flowing into my apartment making the feeling hundred times better.

But the peace was short lived when I hear knocking. I let out a loud groan, falling down on the bed.

I had to jinx it.

"Isla" I hear the accent, I thought I won't hear for a long time. I sprint to my feet and literally rip open my door.

There he is, Elijah in his all glory, wearing a cream coloured suit that is a little big for him but he looks good nonetheless.

"I-" I start but shut my mouth as I realise I have nothing to say.

"May I?" he chuckles, I slide towards the side, giving him space so he can walk in.

"Elena pulled the dagger out of me, she wants to renegotiate" he answers the question I've been thinking.

"So you don't want to rip their heads out" I sit on the bar stool.

"I want to, but right now I am willing to look past their actions as I have a bigger end goal" he explains.

"Well thank you for that" I smile at him.

"Where is Elena?" I ask him.

"She has gone back for a while as my brother is causing some ruckus with her family" he replies.

"Your brother?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Klaus" he breathes out. He notices my lack of reaction, "You don't seem surprised."

"After yesterday nothing surprises me anymore" I say with a small smile.

"Ah yes, he possessed one of your friends, a little trick he likes to play" he looks down on the floor with a small smile on his face in fondness.

"Then why do you want to kill him, if he is your brother?"

"I have my own reasons" he shuts me down instantly.

"So what are you doing here?" I put up a different question.

"To inform you of the truth" he says sitting onto that ominous chair.

I give him a tiny nod urging him to continue.

"I am not going to beat around the bush so the curse that Klaus wants to break is not the sun and moon curse-"

"What?"

"The son and the moon curse is fake, there is a curse but it was placed on Klaus by a witch."

So Atticus was right.

"What is the curse?"

"My brother-half brother is a product of my mother unfaithfulness towards my father, when my father found out the truth he killed Klaus's father and everyone part of it not realising he has ignited a war between species that continues to date."

"What species?" I whisper already not liking where this is going.

"Werewolves."

An involuntarily gasp leaves my lips, "So you mean today is that Klaus is father was a werewolf?"

"Correct."

I look down putting two-into-two together, my eyes widen as I snap my head towards him, "He is a hybrid" I barley let out a whisper but Elijah catches it.