37. Mission

We told everything to Elena and by the looks she is giving she is not on board with it but for some reason she agreed.

After agreeing few minutes later she left in a hurry saying she needs to work on homework.

Both the brothers looked at me and I shrug my shoulders, walking towards the kitchen I made a beeline for fridge and took out ice cubes and plop them in my mouth, instantly feeling relaxed.

I want to sit in the refrigerator.

My phone beeped and I see it's a message from Atticus. I close my phone before either of the could see.

"Well I gotta go, and I am taking your car" I tell Damon, grabbing his keys from the counter and jog outside before he can question.

I drive towards the outskirts of the mystic falls and stop the car at the usual spot. I lock the car behind me and make my way towards the small path.

The estate finally comes into my view and the doors open themselves for me.

I step in, walking down the pavement. "Atticus" I shout and not a second later I hear a whoosh, he is standing right in front of me with a smile on his face wearing a hoodie and jeans.

He looks so adorable.

I pinch his cheek, making him scrunch his face. I giggle at him.

"So I see you like my attire Miss Isla" he chuckles and I nod at him.

"At first others were weird  but this one was the most appealing plus I didn't know clothes can be this comfortable" he replies.

I nod at him.

"So what do you want to see me for?" I question him.

He offers me his arm and I loop mine with his.

"Have you been experiencing drawn towards cold?" He asks.

"Well today-yesterday the cold wind lulled me to sleep and in the morning I was drawn to cold leather of the car but I chalked up to being tired, moreover I am eating ice like raw ice and I thought its happening because of the rise in temperature" I tell him.

 He shakes his head no, "Well now you are closer to your birthday, your witch side is showing, being attracted to the cold is the starting. Usually the witches are drawn to heat, they mainly channel power from fire-"

"Like a candle" I furrow my eyes brows remembering how Bonnie needed candle whenever she does a spell.

"Precisely but Darius draws power from cool and forest, making them ten times powerful than a regular witch" he explains.

"So we can't draw from heat?" I question.

"We can but cold is the top source, we channel the strongest spells with cold then the forest, which is basically everywhere" he answers.

"So do we need to have something cold like the others witches carry candle?" I ask.

He shakes his head no, "Cool is basically anything which isn't heated, unnaturally or on fire. Water, which is everywhere in air and even if you are trapped in a room up in flames and you have a human beside you can still channel as most of them are made from 75% water. So we really don't have to worry about not being able to cast a spell" he finishes.

"Well that is interesting" I tell him and he nods his head.

"Until your birthday you will have burst of energies and of your emotions are not leveled, so please Miss Isla keep calm and cool headed during any situation and carry a water bottle wherever you go because you will get agitated if you don't have a cooling source with you until your birthday" he looks me in the eye seriously. I nod at him, "I will" I affirm and he gives me a small smile.