30. Sun and The Moon

I could barley see at this point, the forest is getting denser and denser. My stomach yelling for food is not helping either.

After tripping my way in the darkness I finally found the gigantic double doors that leads out.

I take my phone out and check the directions. Well at least I am going towards north. Suddenly I hear crunching of leaves making me snap my head in the direction the sound came from. I focused on my breathing and quietly listened to the sound around me.

When I didn't hear anything for few minutes, I let out a breath and start to walk again.

I am probably walking for about fifteen minutes and Atticus said it takes 60 minutes well it used to take 60 minutes back then so it could be much more lesser or much more longer.

I let out a huff but keep walking anyway. I hate this. The whole ominous feeling, there is literally no sound of anything. No birds, no rustling of wind, absolutely nothing. Heck I would take wild animal noises. Being so quiet besides the noise of my own breathing and occasional whale noises from my stomach is unsettling.

But the quicker I walk, the quicker I get out of here.

Out of nowhere I hear a whoosh and crunching of leaves.

Do not worry it is just animal.

I hear the familiar sound again but this time it was closer.

Oh shit.

It is not an animal.

How many unknown vampires are in this town?

Or it could be Damon?

I hope.

I turn around and hear the whoosh behind me again.

It's definitely not Damon.

Hell no, I am not becoming a vampire meal today, with that I pushed my legs as fast as I can towards the direction I was walking towards. The whooshing sound got closer with every step I took and like any other classic horror movie I trip onto air, grazing my feet onto a sharp rock.

I scoot back and try to get up but fail miserably, stress and pain finally catching up to me I look down onto my ankle and see a huge cut with blood pouring out like a waterfall.

I am a ready to eat meal at this point.

This is absolutely great if the vampire doesn't kill me, sure as heck blood loss will.

The bottom of my dress is soaking in the blood.

Suddenly I hear the whooshing again and frantic crunching of the leaves. I close my eyes and hold out the hand which has ring on it and closing my eyes.

Hoping that tiny band on my finger protect me like it protected my against Vicky.

Two hands grab my shoulder making me flinch, I peek my eyes open and crane by neck to look up. I see two dark golden brown eyes looking down at me with wickedness but it quickly turns into shock. His eyes trail all over my body only to be rested onto my bleeding ankle. I quickly cover my ankle with bottom of the dress, but it was no use blood has already soaked the material.

An involuntarily whimper leaves out of my lips and I mentally slap myself. Whatever daze he was in he was snapped out of it. His features morphed into vampire like but instead of going for my neck, he bites his own wrist and forces it against my lips. Making me drink his blood, slowly the sting in my ankle fades away and I start to feel healthier. I slightly nod at him, and he removes his wrist. I wipe the blood with back of my hand. As I start to get up, I am suddenly lifted up bridal style. My eyes widen at his action and I look at him like a fish out of water, he lets out a hearty chuckle.