36. A Trade

I pry my arm from him and run inside, I remove my flannel and cover Rose with it and we slowly make out to the back door where we have parked our car.

Finally when Rose skin turned to normal I pick out glass shards from her skin and she gives me a thankful smile.

"Who was that?" Damon groans in annoyance.

Before I can answer Rose answers, "I don't know, where is Slater?" she says in pain.

"AWOL by now. Who the hell knows" Damon replies.

"He is not behind this, he is a good guy. He wouldn't betray me" Rose throws Damon's suspicion out of the window.

"Then who did it?" he asks.

"A vampire, he looked classy, about same height as Damon moreover he shattered the glass with couple of coins, also he compelled that guitar boy to get me out and stop me from helping you" I finally add.

Rose eyes widen, "Don't you see? it is Klaus. You don't know this man, we all are dead" she starts to cry.

Making Damon's features turn into worry.

He has been doing that a lot.

Damon slightly push crying Rose on the backseat and closes the door, I slide into the passenger side and he slides in drivers side.

-/-

Damon leaves me at my apartment, I let out a breath of relief when similar warmth embraced me. I haven't been living here for long just coming here for sleeping but this has already been more home to me than Gilbert house ever can be.

I throw my phone and myself on the bed and let out a groan, my bones and body are finally able to rest. The cool winds of the winter seeking through the giant window finally lulls me to sleep.

But the peace was short lived when my phone started to ring.

Without looking at the caller id, "Hello" I grumble, "Wake up sleepy head it is morning" I hear Damon's voice.

"What are you talking about you just left me home" I grunt in annoyance.

"Little Isla look outside your window, the birds are chirping" he says sarcastically and I turn myself only to be met with piercing sun rays. I quickly block the intruder with my arm, blinking multiple times to adjust to the light.

When my eyes and brain finally adjusted to the present, my eyes widen. I pick up my phone and see Damon is still connected, I look at the time and see it is indeed 7 in the morning.

A pout forms on my lips and I slam my head against the welcoming mattress.

"Can I sleep more?" my voice comes out muffled.

"Nope" Damon shouts from the other side of the door. Reluctantly I got up and opened the door.

"Well morning to you to sleeping beauty" he chuckles and I see Stefan standing next to him trying not to laugh.

"Come in both of you" I murmur before walking away.

"I am gonna have a nice shower and then we will leave" I tell them without looking behind, I grab my clothes from the closet and walk into the bathroom.

"Be quick I don't mind carrying you out naked" Damon teases making me roll my eyes.

I brush my teeth and do my business. I jump into shower. After five minutes I think I turn off the water and dry myself, pulling a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

I literally didn't know what I took out from the closet but throw it on anyway.

I walk out and throw the dirty clothes into the hamper that is standing right behind the bathroom door.

I sulk my shoulder as I see the brothers getting up from the couch. I make grabby hands towards Damon and he spends towards me, picking me up.

I look at Stefan who has his eyebrows raised but doesn't voice his question.

"She is a baby" Damon rolls his eyes.

"My phone and Keys" I look at Stefan who nods his head.

-/-

Damon drops me in the backseat and both the brothers sit in the front. I lay down on the seat, the coolness of leather making me sigh in content. Damon glances at me, "Don't worry I won't sleep" I tell him even though I really want to sleep.

"Yesterday Elena went to see Kathrine in the tomb" Stefan suddenly says making me jolt up, all the laziness evaporating from my body.

"What? Why?" I question him.

"To figure if there is a way to stay away from Klaus."

"And?"

Stefan shakes his head no making me slump my shoulders again.

"Kathrine was the first doppelgänger and to save herself she turned herself into vampire and in return Klaus killed her family and friends" Stefan adds making hair stand on my neck.

"But yesterday Slater called Rose that whatever we have to is regarding the moonstone and a witch will figure out the rest" Damon adds.

"So right now we are going to the Tomb to get the stone I presume?" I look outside, as well are almost on the edge of mystic falls.

"Bingo! That is why you are my favourite Gilbert, the only one with the brain" Damon says in a sassy tone and I flip him off.

We are still playing me as a Gilbert until I am ready.

He parks right outside the falls, we three get out of the car and walk towards the tomb entrance.

Both of the them open the door, the ground underneath my feet shakes a bit but stops right after they place the door down.

"Please come on in, there is room for all of us" she says in slurry voice.

She is getting low on blood.

"I rather poke my eyes out" Damon comments making me snicker. Her eyes move over to me and rests again on my ring, a splash of fear takes over her features but she quickly covers it.

"We are here for the moonstone" Stefan states, and she stumbles slightly walking towards us.

"You know what you get your witch to hocus pocus me out of here you can have whatever you want" she almost trips but catches herself by taking support of the wall.

"I thought you liked it in here, nice and safe where Klaus can't get to you" Stefan sasses.

"I had time to reconsider" she replies.

"Mean you are hungry" Damon interrupts.

"Hungry and dirty and above else bored at least running from Klaus wasn't boring" she huffs out, "so get me out of here and you can have the moonstone plus I will disappear from Mystic Falls, think about it" she says and turns back walking inside.

"Well that was productive" Stefan rolls his eyes, "Lets go to inform the other Gilbert" Damon says and we both nod at him, walking outside of the tomb.