40. She Wolf

We reached at Grill and saw Alaric eyeing a girl every now and then, "That is the bitch I think" I lean towards Damon looking at a blondie.

"Yup" he smacks his lips strolling towards Alaric's table.

"Screw her" Damon slides in the booth, gaining Alaric's attention.

"So what is next?" he asks Damon finishing his drink.

"Wolfsbane" Damon says and I glance towards the blonde who is now stealing glances at us.

Alaric rummages through his bag and takes out a dried plant.

"Freshly cut" I added.

"Yeah no idea where to find it" he says keeping back almost dead looking herb.

I take out my phone, goggling 'wolfsbane'.

A lot of theories came up, even the fact that they are preserved and dried up for a long time, that too is even rare to get, so forget about the location of a freshly cut ones.

I shake my head no still looking at the green and I hear Damon groan.

"Why do you need it freshly cut though?" Alaric questions. I point towards his phone, texting him the reason.

After reading my message, he nods his head.

"I will see what I can find" he gets up from his seat, throwing couple of bills on the table, leaving the Grill.

"So why do need freshly cut wolfsbane?" I hear a new voice. I look up to see the blondie bitch standing with her arms folded over her chest.

"To shove it up-"

"Damon" I scold him and luckily he seals his mouth.

I stand up basically squaring up to her, like an instant she backs up. Shocks take over her features at her own actions. I walk towards the door and I hear Damon chuckling right behind me.

"Didn't thought you had it in you shorty, a human against a werewolf " he swings his arm around my shoulder, I roll my eyes at him and he just ruffles my hair making me shove his arm off of my shoulder in annoyance.

-/-

We reach the boarding house to notice that front door is wide open, me and Damon give each other questioning looks before he speeds in, I jog towards the entrance.

"She is gone" I hear Elena's voice who is holding a wooden stake.

"I will go look for the wolfsbane, you both go look for her" I tell him, Damon throws his car keys at me without any questions. I run back to the car and get in.

I checked multiple nurseries around the town but everyone denied, moreover told me, if I find a growing wolfsbane I get it for them as well.

It is indeed a rare herb, I honestly thought that internet is just exaggerating but for the first time it wasn't.

Suddenly my phone started to ring, I park the car on the side of the road and look at the name of the caller.

I mentally curse myself for not thinking of him from the get go.

"Good evening Miss Isla, I have gotten the wallpapers-"

I cut him off, "Atticus I highly apologise for interrupting you but do we have a wolfsbane plant? I need a branch or anything but has to be fresh" I ask him.

"I am sorry Miss but no one was here for centuries therefore all the plants have died" he informs with regret.

I let out a groan and slam my palm against the steering wheel.