17. Rooftop

During evening the Mystic Grill is lively as it can be and it turns out Vicki Donavan also works here. She is been trying to butter me up which is ticking me off big time.

I walk over to Matt and Tyler and serve them their food and leave before they can say anything.

I glance towards Vicki she delivers them their soft drinks and Tyler gives Vicki a sly wink, who gives a huge grin and squeezes his bicep lightly.

Is Vicki playing with my brother and Tyler? Rage slightly fills me up and I walk towards her.

"Vicki can I talk to you for second?" I grab her hand and take her inside the kitchen.

"Pick one, Tyler or Jeremy" I say looking her dead in the eye.

"What do you mean?" She questions pretending to be clueless.

"You know what I mean, you either are full on for Jeremy or for Tyler because my brother is crazy for you but I won't let him waste his time over a chick who can't make her damn mind" I snap at her and she flinched at my tone.

"So make your damn mind by tonight and give me your answer if not I'll make sure that Jeremy stops wasting his time" I tell walking out.

I hear her mumble 'bitch' underneath her breath but I brush it off.

She is already bad news now she is playing with two people.

I let out a sigh shaking my head, I look up to see Elena and Stefan walking in. I put a smile on my face and walk towards them.

"Hello" I greet them getting a chuckle from both of them.

"Which is your best table?" Elena says grinning at me making me laugh.

"This way ma'am" I lead them towards the window seat and sit here.

"So what you guys want?" I ask them taking out my note pad.

"Nothing just water" Elena says.  I turn towards Stefan, "I'll have a coke"  he says.

"Okay then be back in five minutes" I inform them and walk to the next table besides them.

I clear the empty plates from the table and take them inside.

I grab two glasses and coke and water bottle from the refrigerator and place all the four things on the tray and carry it outside.

As I am walking outside I see Elena talking the old man from before and Stefan is nowhere to be seen.

And after talking to that man Elena leaves as well. I internally let out a groan and carry the tray back in.

"Have you seen Vicki?" One of the chef's ask me and I shake my head no. He lets out a groan and mumble under his breath about Chris hiring such irresponsible staff.

"Could you please give it to table number 11?" He hands me a plate of pasta and I nod at him and gives me a small smile.

I take the plate and serve it at table number 11.

Suddenly a scary feeling settles in my stomach.

"I am taking my break" I say to Chris who nods giving me a smile.

I walk outside the mystic grill and look around. The place is lively as ever but something doesn't feel right.

I take out my phone and dial Stefan's number. His phone goes straight to voice mail making me groan.

I dial Elena's number and same thing happens.

Suddenly my eyes are drawn to three figures on roof.

My eyes widen as I recognize the leather jacket.

Damon.

I quickly make my way towards the building and skip steps and rush upstairs.

"Nice of you to join the party" Damon says in a mocking tone.

I walk over and stand next to Stefan. I see Damon is holding Vicki my her hair and they are standing on the ledge.

"Damon" I say cautiously. And he just smirks at me.

"For some reason this lady here remembers that a vampire attacked her during that stupid party, and we can't have that" he says pulling Vicki more back and a scream leaves her lips.

"Damon come on what has she done to you?" I try to reason with him.

"Well she hasn't but our Stefan has and he is gonna pay up" he grabs Vicki and look her in her eyes.

"That day during the cemetery when you were attacked, it was a vampire and it was Stefan" he compels Vicki and Vicki repeat everything.

"He is your brother Damon!" I shout at him.

"Brother who stabs his own brother in back. I am just returning the favor" he says smirking as Vicki features turn horrible and she cowers in fear.

"But I'll compel her to forget again if my dear brother Stefan tells me where my ring is" he looks at Stefan giving him a death glare.

"Fine, it's at father's graveyard" Stefan lets out a sigh and Damon compels Vicki to forget about Stefan and pushes her in my arms.

Damon vanishes. I hear Vicki groan. "Are you alright?" Stefan asks.

"I am good man I took some pills" her eyes flicker to me and she gives me a fake smile, making me roll my eyes at her.

She walks away, "So you gave him the ring?" I question suspiciously.

He shakes his head no "Just buying some time to come with a strategy before he realises I lied to him" he says and vanishes off of the roof. I let out a sigh and start to walk back in the mystic grill.

After finishing my shift I start to walk towards home. In twenty minutes I finally reached home, I literally lazily dragged by body towards.

There is no light turned on making me furrow my eyebrows.

I slowly walk up to the front door and unlock it with my keys. I turn on the hallway light and walk inside. I see Jenna sprawled on the couch with tear stains on her face.

I walk towards and slightly place my hand on her shoulder, she flinches and snap her eyes open.

Her eyes start to water again, I sit next to her and she start to cry.

"I hate him, he again tricked me how stupid can I be?" She sobs.

I have no idea how to handle a crying person. So I just slightly pat her head.

"Who tricked you?" I ask her,

"Logan Fell, just leave me alone?" she starts to cry again heavily.

"Asshole" I mumble under my breath, "can I-"

"Just leave me alone okay!" she snaps at me, making my body freeze. Suddenly a flash of three people shouting at each other makes into my mind, I let out a groan grabbing my head. I quickly shake my head and make my way upstairs. 

Not these again.

——————
Status: unedited