18. Turned

These flashes were one of the biggest reason other than not fitting in, that I didn't bother to visit once, after moving out of town they slowly stopped, and now they are back. After calming myself down, I took a shower and start to do my homework. Halfway through my homework Elena bursts into my room. A look of fear plastered on her face.

She found out.

She is panting and her eyes are wide open like she saw a ghost.

"Whats wrong?" I take her hand and make her sit on my bed.

"It-It's Stefan I-i broke up with him" she stutters out.

"Why?"

"Well because-"

"You know" I say cutting her off.

"Wh-what you mean?"

"I know you know that Stefan and Damon are vampires" I breath out and all the colours runs out of her face.

"How-How did you find out?"

"Well I saw Damon feeding off of someone in alley way when I was getting back from work" I tell.

"Did you knew about Caroline too that he was feeding on her?" she asks her voice slightly filling with rage.

I shake my head no, "I found out during founder's party when Stefan vervain him."

"Vervain?" She asks.

"It's a lot" I chuckle.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She questions.

"Well because Stefan is a nice person and he loves you a lot even though he is a vampire. I know it's all surreal and I didn't tell because I know you react the same way. He won't harm you Elena" I sigh giving her a small smile.

"No not physically but he has already hurt me mentally" she scoffs at me.

"What do you mean?"

"He was lying to me " she sobs in her hands.

Not with the crying again. I sigh internally and scoot closer to her and pat her head.

"Did you gave him a chance to explain?" I question her and her head snaps and she slightly shakes her head no.

"You know I am not gonna force you to do anything you don't wanna do. Take your time but give him a chance too okay?" I rub her back gently and I feel her nodding her head against me.

"You know how I accepted the whole vampire thing? Well it's because of this ring" I tell her and she looks at me.

"Apparently a vampire gave this to me after compelling me to never take it off. I legit cannot take it off like physically" I drily chuckle at her "Stefan helped me to come to this conclusion because that's the only one that made sense and it oddly made me accept the whole vampires are real situation."

"You want me to try to take it off?" Elena asks.

"No I rathe-"

"Come on let me try" she doesn't wait for my reply and takes her thumb and index finger and brings to the ring but right before she can touch it her fingers stop.

She grunts and huffs out in annoyance.

"It's like a forcefield is surrounding it, I can't get my fingers to touch it" she tries again but I take my hand back.

"It's alright, I kinda grew attached to it anyway" I shrug at her and she nods at me. Feeling relieved that it can't be taken off.

"Nothing is normal here is it?" She says laying down on my bed.

"Nope and I guess it's better than normal, normal is boring" I lay down next to her.

"I guess" she mumbles.

Suddenly my phone starts to ring and I look at the caller id.

"Hey Stefan what's up?" I say gaining Elena's attention.

"Vicki, do not let Vicki in she has been turned" he says breathlessly.

"What!" I get on my feet and quickly exit my room and rush over to Jeremy's. I pound on his door but nothing.

"Jeremy I swear to god if you don't open this I will break it!" I shout.

Then he swings his door open with annoyed expression on his face and I look past him and see Vicki scratching her teeth.

Shit.

"Vicki, Matt called and he was worried he was looking for you saying that he has some urgent work" I tell her and she looks like she about to lose control.

"Vicki hey" Jeremy calls her out snapping her out her blood lust daze.

She looks at me and rage takes over her features.

"Come on, I'll take you downstairs" I say trying not to give out my nervousness.

Her fury increases. I see a pencil on Jeremey's desk and quickly grab it.

"Come on I bet Matt is really worried" Jeremy chuckles pulling Vicki out of the room.

She throws a menacing glare at me as he takes away towards stairs.

I follow them making sure she leaves.

I see Jeremy closing the door behind her and then he looks at me annoyed expression taking over his feature again.

My phone dings and i see a text message from Stefan.

'If Vicki is already in house take Jeremy into the washroom and turn on all the taps and tell him to stay away from her. I am on my way'

Jeremy reaches on top of the stairs and stands next to me.

"Why did you do it?" He questions.

I ignore his question and take his hand dragging him into the bathroom. I lock the door and turn all the taps.

"You cannot meet Vicki again" I say in a very serious tone.

He lets out a groan, "Not you too!"

"Listen Jeremy Vicki is not a good person" she is not a person anymore now in fact I think to myself.

"Whatever" he says and leaves the bathroom.

I let out a sigh and rub my temple.

I don't think he is gonna stay away from her.

But I have to try.

I close all the taps and go back to my room. Elena is gone. I sit on the bed racking all the possible ways to keep Jeremy away from Vicki. Until she learns to control her thirst like Stefan.

Status: unedited