9. Night Shift

"So you mean to say that Damon told you about Stefan's ex girlfriend?" I raise my brow at her.

"Yup, I don't know why he would do that, and I shouldn't care because clearly Damon and Stefan hate each other" she huffs.

"And what did he say her name was?" I ask.

"Kathrine Pierce."

I furrow my eyebrows at her at the mention of the name, mom and dad used to talk about her but it couldn't be the same Kathrine.

Right?

"What you know her?" she questions.

"No-No of course not" I shake my head, "I really don't have any experience in relationships but seems to me like Damon is trying to get between you too. You make Stefan happy and like you said they hate each other so probably to annoy Stefan more than anything to be honest. But what does your gut say?" I place my hand on her shoulder.

"My gut says, that Damon is an asshole and I shouldn't let him get to me" she says.

"Then follow your gut" I say with a smile.

"BUt-"

"Bup bup no buts if nothing feels right and everything confuses you just focus on your gut and what it says. It is never wrong, trust me" I squeeze her shoulder reassuringly, "Okay that was enough pep talk for day I have to leave for work now, I don't know wether I can come for comet watch " I grab my car keys and my phone from the night stand.

"When you will be back?" she questions walking outside of the room with me.

"In four to five hours probably why?" I lock the door and walk towards the staircase.

"Need to select a dress for founder's party at Lockwood mansion" she says.

"When is it?" I ask her.

"In two-three days" she numbles looking at the celling.

"Yeah I am not attending" I shrug walking downstairs.

"You have to, Gilberts are founders so it is important we be there" She holler and I roll my eyes at her.

I grab the spare keys of the house and walk out. I walk towards my car and get in. I start the car and slowly start to drive towards work.

I let out a sigh as I finally finish cleaning my share of the last table of the day. I look at time and see my shift is about to be over.

"Isla?" I turn around to see Chris looking at me. "What's up?" I question walking towards him.

"Will you go to founders party?"

"I don't want to but I have to" I groan at him and he gives me a chuckle.

"One more thing do you mind working late for a while? Extra pay" He asks.

"No not at all" I beam at him, he lets out a heart laugh and throws me the keys.

"These are the spare, you can close the Grill at ten" he tells me as he grabs his suit jacket.

"Yay" I give him a grin.

I look at the clock and it's ten thirty. I guess that enough 'overtime' work.

After making sure I have checked and locked and turned off everything, twice. I turn off all the lights and walk outside locking the door.

I make my way towards my car when suddenly I hear a scream.

My body involuntarily runs towards the sound and I end up in an alley way. I see two shadows, one is towering the other, the road light is flickering making it hard for me to see.

"Hey!" I scream gaining the taller shadows attention.

My eyes widen at the scene and like movies, the flickering lights comes to a still and I look at the man's feature's. He has blood shot eyes and veins are popping and most of all he has fangs with blood smeared all over his jaw and lips. A girl is in his arms who is looking at me helplessly but she doesn't say anything. A huge patch of blood is around her neck.

This can't be real. This is straight out of a horror movie!

I slightly start to back away, for me to only trip on air and fall on my butt. I blink gaining my composure and in a second he is towering above me.

I look up to see him looking sinisterly at me.

His face slowly returns to normal and a wide smirk spreads across his face. If I wasn't so terrified right now I would say he is the hottest man I've ever seen. Sky blue eyes, perfect jawline strong features and beautiful hair.

"You are one very lucky girl" he smirks placing his hand on my shoulder making me flinch.

"What are you?" I voice my thoughts.

"I am a Vampire obviously" he gives me a tight slip smile.

"Wha-How."

"Yeah we do exist and yes world it's not all daisy and sunshines you thought it be."

"Pleas-"

"Please don't hurt me, please leave me alone blah blah" he rolls his eyes , "Don't worry I won't hurt you, I just had my meal so I am very full and now" he places his index finger under my chin and forcefully makes me look up, "You are going to forget whatever you saw and you are going to do whatever you were going to. Hmm? Bub-bye now" he says and in blink of an eye he vanishes and so does the girl.

I quickly get onto my feet and run towards my car. I fish the keys out of my pocket and slide and after making sure he is nowhere in sight. I slam my feet on the accelerator.

---------

Status: unedited