22 Adopted

"No way! At nine?" He has his mouth open.

"Yeah" I chuckle at him.

"So you moved at nine because you didn't felt part of the family?" He questions.

I shrug and nod at him.

"Well you have intuition like a witch" he mumbles under his breath.

I raise my eyebrow at him, he opens his mouth but I cut him off.

"Damon? Who is Katherine?" I ask looking curiously at him.

And suddenly the whole atmosphere of the room shifted.

"Who told ya?" He asks trying to stay calm. I can tell Katherine means something to him.

"Elena, she said Stefan told her well she read in his journal and you both had a thing for her-"

Before I can finish my sentence Damon whooshes out of the room making me sigh.

"I shouldn't have asked" I mumble to myself.

But not a second late he whooshes back in and sits back in his previous spot.

He hands me a piece of paper and I take it and turn it over to see Elena's picture! My eyes widen and I look at him.

My mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"That's Katherine, she was the one who turned me and Stefan into vampires" he tells me.

"Has Elena seen it yet?" I ask him

He shakes his head no, "If she had she probably would've bombarded either one of us with questions. She didn't asked me and I am pretty she didn't go to Stefan regarding this matter either."

"How does she exactly look like Elena?" I whisper in shock.

"Yeah well it's a lot" he chuckles.

"We've got time" I tell him mimicking his words.

He sigh and nods his head, "When I found out my brother is going to mystic falls it piqued my interest because he hasn't been home since five decades. So I looked into his reason and found Elena. I was shocked at first how Elena looks exactly like Katherine. Not a single hair out of place so I looked into Elena and turns out she is adopted" he finishes. He is talking about Katherine like, he is still in love with her.

"What?" I whisper at him.

"Yeah, I looked into her history and turns out when Elena was born, Mrs Gilbert was never pregnant there are no records of her being born while looking into her stuff I found stuff about you too" he looks at me with concern like he is deciding to tell me what he found or not.

"Tell me Damon" I grab his arm urging him.

"Me saying that you have intuition like a witch that you never felt like part of the family? Well you are adopted too" he lets out a breath.

"Yeah I know" I feel a pang in my heart but at the same time I always knew I never belonged into this family.

"You know?" He looks at me in shock.

"Last night, Jeremy said and, and I think I have known it for a while I wasn't really sure but the way he said I believed him and now you confirmed it" I breath out.

"Yeah, your records weren't their as well" he says placing his hand on my back and slightly rubbing it. Then suddenly he turns to me and gives me a are you kidding me look.

"What?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Like seriously how you guys couldn't put two in two together" he sighs.

"What do you mean?"

"Elena was born around June and you were born around December like how is that even possible and you are a year older than her" he huffs out.

Now I think about it.

I let out a scoff and shake my head, "Honestly some time ago it would've bumped me really bad that I am not related to Jeremy or Elena but now I kinda feel relieved?" I tell him with my head hanging low.

"And did you find something else and why are you here?" I ask him but he just shakes his head no, "That's for another time" he says and points towards his ear and points outside signaling that someone is listening and not a second later Stefan enters the house.

"What are you doing here Isla? Do you know how worried Elena and Jeremey are?" Stefan inquires looking at Damon.

"I left a note for Elena" I tell him nonchalantly.

"Yeah she told me about it but you said you are going to some cheap motel" he says ticking me off.

What happened to nice Stefan?

"Well brother, you can't possibly let this fragile human live in a cheap motel who knows what will happen to her and plus she is my guest" Damon places his hand on my shoulder and pulls me in his side.

"You think you can trust him?" He scoffs at me in disbelief. I shrug at him making me scoff more.

"Lying to your sister Isla?"  He shots at me.

"Yeah I am the only who lied to her did I?" I shot back at him lifting up the white card.

"You told her?"

"Like you, I can't lie Stefan" Damon says in sweet fake tone, "and I can't deny her answers when she almost got killed because of me" he adds innocently.

"I am gonna tell Elena that you are here" Stefan declares.

"No you are not, it's not your place to tell and at the end of the day Jeremy made it pretty clear I am not family to them" I hiss at him.

"That's why you left the way you did last night" Stefan mumbles to himself but loud enough for me to hear.

I nod at him.

"Sorry for butting in" he says and the goes into his room.

Probably.

"Well that was dramatic" Damon breaks the sudden silence.

"Come on ma'am" Damon slightly bows and extend his right arm for me to take. "I'll take you to the room where you'll be staying" he adds and starts to pull me in opposite direction where Stefan went.

He opens medium sized wooden door and my eyes figuratively pops right out of their sockets.

I gasp as I take in his room. There is a huge bed pushed slightly to the side of the room and a fireplace in the middle of the wall opposite to the bed, there are cupboards near the bed but you can't tell that there are any because they are literally camouflaging as the wall. There is a huge mirror in front of the wardrobe right next to the bed. There is a small dresser pushed against the large glass double doors which probably lead to balcony.

And next to the huge fireplace there is a medium sized dresser as I turn around my eyes widen as they fall onto the open bathroom.

His room is absolute dream.

"I am glad you like it" he chuckles and I shot him a 'are you kidding me look' he then lets out a hearty laugh.

———
Status: unedited