43. The 80s

Like I expected a beautiful box is tied with a blue ribbon outside my door. A small smile takes over my lips as I pick up the box.

I unlock my door and walk inside, locking it behind me.

I remove the ribbon carefully and open the top. A beautiful turquoise dress is fitted into the box with pearls placed right on top of it. The most peculiar thing was that it didn't have a card this time, I carefully take out the pearls out of the box, laying them onto the bed. I take the dress and change, the dress is sleeveless with it reaching right above my knees. Before I can reach the pearls a knock echoes through my apartment.

I open the door to see Alaric standing there in his usual attire, "Aren't you going to change Ric?" question walking inside.

"Uh I rather not embarrass myself than I already have" he breathes out. I look up at him in question, "Is there something wrong?"

"No-no just you look stunning" he says.

I chuckle, "Thank you Ric" I pick up the pearls but another hand grabs them from me.

"Here let me" Alaric says and I thankfully smile at him.

I side my hair which I kept loose. I feel cool of pearls glide across my neck until they rest and I hear a little click.

I turn around and thank him.

I grab a small cold water bottle from the fridge. "What is that for?" he asks.

"I get really thirsty a lot sometimes, and I don't like the way school water tastes" I lie, he gives me a nod.

"Here let me carry it" he extends his hand to take it from but before he can grab it, I pull away. "No-no its okay" I stutter out. I grab my keys and phone from counter, "Come on lets go" I call without looking back at him.

I let out a relief when I hear pair of footsteps behind me. I lock the door and start to walk downstairs.

-/-

We reach the school, and it is decorated with everything 60s making me barf a little. It looks so weird.

I walk inside with Alaric right behind me, we enter the gym and it was packed from head to toe.

We both snake through the crowd until we are standing in the corner which has some room to breath.

"I thought I was about to pass out" I finally let out the breath I was holding in.

I quickly spot Stefan and Elena dancing in the middle of the crowd. I tell Alaric about their location as he was to scanning the crowd.

"Alright you stay here and do not move" he tells me seriously and I stiffly nod at him, Alaric walks into the crowd disappearing immediately.

I lean against the wall as I observe so many people grinding against each other, I cringe internally.

I spot Caroline with Matt, they both look good together. Damon is taking with Alaric but he is looking at me. He signals me with his eyes as if asking what is wrong, I shake my head no, telling him that I was fine and press the cold bottle against my cheek, liking the cool effect against all the sweat and humidity.

Suddenly the music stops, static filling the air. Everyone turned their attention to the stage.

"So it a request for Elena from Klaus" Dana says and a romantic songs starts play making everyone cheer.

I roll my eyes, sudden annoyance filling my body. Slowly the corner I was standing in started to get packed as well as more students entered the area. I slip through the crowd and towards the hall. I exit the gym, finally taking deep breathes of fresh air that isn't tainted with sweat.

I walk down the hallway towards the backdoor, it suddenly bursts open and I see Alaric, Bonnie and Elena panicking.

I run towards them as I start to absorb their energy. "What is wrong?" I grab their attention, I hear Ric cursing under his breath as his eyes land on me.

"What is going on?" I ask.

"Klaus, he-he took Jeremy" Elena lets out making my eyes widen .

"Where is he?" I turn towards Alaric who looks deep in thought, "Alaric!" I shout getting his attention.

"I am sorry for this" he suddenly walks up to me and slams my head against the locker and I black out.

-/-

I wake up to the feeling like I am floating in the air. My cheek is pressed against a back, I flutter my eyes open to see a black clothed back.

I hear Elena's scream quickly pulling me into reality. I snap my head, big mistake as everything started to spin. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them, I did it multiple times before my eyes finally adjusted.

"What Is going on?" I ask.

"Just watch" Damon whispers and I nod at him even though he couldn't see me. I look slightly to see flashes of lights coming from the cafeteria and a distress Elena pounding at the door. After few minutes the door opens on their own and we all make our may inside. The whole room is upside down, with Bonnie laying in the middle of it all, dried blood coating her upper lips.

Elena is balling her eyes out on her stomach asking her to come back, I get off Damon's back and walk over to her. I kneel down beside, squeezing her shoulder. She looks up with teary eyes and wraps her arms around me, crying in my shoulder. I pat her head, looking down at Bonnie. My hand brush against hers and my eyes widen when I feel that she is alive. I look at Damon who gives me a very small nod. I compose myself before any of them can see my reaction.

"Take Elena away, I will take care of her" Damon finally cuts the silence. Elena snap her head up, her eyes filled with rage, "What do you mean you will take care of her" she grits out.

"Tell him to get out Stefan" she hisses at her boyfriend who just stood their with rage as well.

"Take her away" Damon hisses and reluctantly Stefan springs into action, taking a crying Elena away.

"Come on" Damon picks Bonnie's limp body in his arms, walking towards the exit, with me following behind.

"Go home" Damon instructs.

"I will when I find Alaric" I mutter rubbing my temple.

"You won't" he says making me furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"Klaus, Klaus was possessing Alarics body the whole time" Damon grits his teeth.

"What?" I whisper as flashes of things I told him fills my memories, it wasn't Ric it was Klaus.

I opened up to Klaus.

I look down on the ground, feeling betrayed for some reason, not on him, but on me for feeling okay after knowing the information. That I am okay with Klaus knowing about a part of me, who tried to kill Bonnie-wanted to kill Bonnie.

"Hey I am trying everyone's cell, what's wrong" a familiar voice joins us, I look up to see Jeremy without a scratch. A sense of relief washes over me as I see him okay.

His eyes widen at Damon who is holding Bonnie. Before Jeremy can question anything, Damon explained him everything.