grand opening

"They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
Ego crush is so severe
God, it's brutal out here"

Song- "brutal" by Olivia Rodrigo

Evelyn's Pov:

Evelyn's Pov:

I have lost my damn mind.

I had to have, because that can be the only explanation as to why I so easily agreed to coming to this tonight.

Seriously, what the hell was I thinking?

I'm in so over my head here, standing outside the buzzing club in heels that are far too high and an outfit that's far too tight. I should just turn right back around and go home, I shouldn't be here. I should not being seeing Luke again.

But as much as my head is protesting this right now, me feet continue on to the large doors with a bouncer waiting outside of it. There's an extremely long line outside that wraps around the building that I'd hate to stand in, but I decide to check my luck and see if Luke put me on the list. If not, then I will turn around and leave.

I didn't drive my new car tonight, due to the fact that I knew I would be drinking, so I got a cab to take me here. Allie just about had a hissy fit when I told her my plans for the evening. She's tried so hard to get me to go out with her and I always turn her down, but now that she has plans, I tell her I'm going out. I'd be mad if I were her, too.

But in a way, I'm glad she couldn't come tonight. I don't want her meeting Luke and roping her into whatever mess I've got myself into. It's better if she stays oblivious to this. But since she couldn't come with me tonight, she insisted to be in charge of my outfit for the night. I didn't want to say no to her, already feeling bad for not going out with her, so I let her do what she wanted with me.

Which is how I ended up in the attire I'm in. Sparkly heels, a black leather skirt that I'm convinced my ass is hanging out of, and a low cut white shirt with a cut out right under my breasts. All of it came right out of Allie's closet, so I'm lucky we wear the same size in a lot of things. She even decked my face out in a shit tone of makeup that I usually steer clear of, but she did a great job at it.