trust

"And I'll do anything you say
If you say it with your hands
And I'd be smart to walk away
But you're quicksand"

Song- "Treacherous" By Taylor Swift
————————————

Song- "Treacherous" By Taylor Swift ————————————

My right foot is anxiously tapping against the hard wood floor, not loud enough to sound to the level below me, but loud enough if I had anyone next to me they would surely be annoyed

My eyes are flicking back and forth from the clock that is moving too slowly, to the window as if Luke is going to appear there with a ladder and a boombox.

The anxiety stirring in me is keeping me unsettled as I await Luke's arrival. I have to keep moving some part of me or I'll drive myself insane by staying still.

He didn't even question my plea for him to come over, he responded quickly with, "I'll be there as soon as I can, Ev."

That was twelve minutes ago.

Twelve minutes ago we ended the call, and I've been a nervous wreck on my couch ever since. I keep psyching myself out with thinking I'm hearing footsteps down the hallway, or a knock at my front door. But each time I get up and check through the hole in the door, I'm disappointed with an empty hallway.

I can't remember exactly how far it is from his place to mine, but for all I know he could've been somewhere else completely when he got my call. But wherever he was or whatever he was doing, he dropped everything to come to my aid tonight.

It might not seem like a big deal, but this meant a lot to me. This shows me that he does care, in his own strange way, he cares.

But I do fear if he doesn't get here soon, I'm going to lose it with all the worries eating at my nerves like hungry buzzards.

I can't help but think of the worst after how the past few weeks have gone. I mean I met Luke after he had been in a car accident and stabbed, what if someone had gone after him tonight and that's what is taking him so long?