lion's den

"I know I can't slow down
I can't hold back
Though you know
I wish I could
Oh, there ain't no rest for the wicked
Until we close our eyes for good"

Song- "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" by Cage the Elephant
___________________

Song- "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" by Cage the Elephant ___________________

Evelyn's Pov:

Evelyn's Pov:

"I'll call the police right now, I swear to God!"

These words being yelled loudly is the first thing my mind registers when I leave the deep sleep I was in. I squint my eyes as I try to adjust to the brightness in my room, rubbing over them to help drive the sleep from them.

I don't hear anything for a moment, leading me to believe that I didn't actually hear any shouting and it was all made up in my mind. But as I turn over in my bed and see a small indent in the pillow, crinkles in the sheets where someone just was, I remember that Luke stayed over last night...in my bed.

"Get back! I've got a fucking frying pan that will mess you up!"

I hear more shouting coming from the living room that sounds an awful lot like Allie, making my eyes widen and my body jolt up in fear of what's going on.

I scramble quickly to the door, throwing it open and running out to the living room. Allie's clearly walked in on Luke and gotten frightened by a strange man in our apartment, considering I've never once had a man stay over here. It's not like me at all, so no wonder she's gotten startled.

Allie and Luke both snap their heads in my direction when they hear me run in. Luke is standing a good few feet from her with his hands up in defense, Allie is standing in her dress from the night before, hair gathered in a messy bun and makeup smeared under her eyes, holding Luke against his will with a frying pan.

"I told you to be quieter, you woke her up," Luke ignores my presence to scold Allie. Allie drops her hand with the frying pan and flips him off with the other.

"I don't care if I woke up Evie, she's got a lot of explaining to do," Allie raises her brows as she turns to me.

"Good morning to you too, Al," I innocently say as I walk further into the room and pass them to get to the kitchen.