fashionably late

"Gotta get your lovin' baby
Lovin's all I need
Don't make me beg now baby
Don't make me bleed"

Song- "Safari Song" by Greta Van Fleet

_________________

Evelyn's Pov:

Tonight feels like very familiar territory for me, another re-opening for Venom after being closed for a few weeks since Ben died.

Luke has been busy prepping for this night all week long and I know he's ready to show off his hard work that would make his brother proud. He's had late nights that feed into the day, cleaning, stocking, and doing press jobs to help set this opening into motion.

I know Luke's never been a fan of the gang work, but he's always been proud of what the nightclub has become. He manages it with pride and has always done everything he can do keep it to the standards his dad wanted when he drew up the place.

My one wish is for this night to go perfect for him, I know he's been on overworking himself to make sure everything is smooth sailing. He's amped up security, hired multiple new staff members, and he's instructed any gang members that will be there tonight to be on their absolute best behavior. Well, as behaved as ruthless gang members can be, I suppose.

I did hear him chatting with Ashton earlier this week that if he catches anyone doing anything that could mess up the night or give the club a bad reputation, that he won't hesitate to take care of them right away. My stomach felt a bit unsettled thinking about if that meant firing them or worse, because my gut is leading me to think the latter, but I know I can't let myself think too much about those types of things.

If I think too much about everything Luke does or doesn't tell me, I'll spiral myself into a dark hole where I have seen Luke go too many times. It's best to not know, I tell myself.

And sometimes I almost believe that.

But however tonight goes, I know one thing will surely be different— tonight will be the night where I can walk into Venom right by Luke's side and not have to worry about making a fool of myself in front of him. I have to admit that I'm looking forward to being there with him and replacing all the old memories of that place with new ones.

I don't have the best track record with Venom, so it'll be good to finally have a night there where I won't regret what happened the next morning.

Unless, I get pissed drunk there again and start to talk to a bottle of tequila like it's my best friend. God, I wish that night I would've blacked out and forgot about that.

I hear the water start to run from our bathroom and figure Luke has finally hopped in the shower after I've insisted he hurry about twenty times. For someone who has been so worried about this opening, he sure has waited till the last second to get ready. Technically, we still have an hour till we need to leave, but I know how long it takes for Luke to fix his hair and pick out an outfit. I've never known a man who could spend twenty minutes trying to debate what cologne to wear.