unstable

"Keep your distance she's unstable
Watch your tone and watch your mouth"

Song- "Watch your Mouth" by The Backseat Lovers
_______________

Song- "Watch your Mouth" by The Backseat Lovers_______________

Evelyn's Pov:

The safe house feels different from when I first came here with Luke.

That night wasn't too long ago, my first date with Luke, but somehow it feels like I've aged a lifetime since that night under the stars.

It's crazy how much can change in a matter of months.

The two people that were here back in November on that date, aren't the same standing here in Luke's old room today.

We've been through so much together in such a short amount of time, it's hard to say when we morphed into different people. Maybe it happened during the nights where I had to tie myself to an anchor in order to keep Luke from slipping into something he would regret. Or maybe, it happened when I was crumbling on the floor of that warehouse after I had just taken that man's life.

The timeline from the first time I met Luke to now is a haze of tears, ruin, hardship, and love. But I can say that I know something true to these months of change, I am no longer the girl who showed up in London with nothing but a new name.

I am no longer Laura, I am Evelyn Grey.

Through and through.

I didn't lose who I was, I killed her myself.

And as overwhelming that thought is, I feel completely free.

I know who I am, and I know who I'm not.

I've made hard choices to save myself and people that I care about, and I would make all those decisions again. I've been too worried about becoming a person I couldn't recognize, I was breaking my own self down in the process.

I held myself at a standard that I gave no one else, it wasn't fair. I still believe I'm a good person, just like I believe Luke is a good person, but I no longer will allow fear to take precedence over me.

That's why when Luke came back to the hotel that night in San Francisco, informing me of his brother's death, my thin line of sanity snapped and I let myself drown in the wake of it.

Luke has been my source of happiness, my lifeline, since I arrived in London. Like me, he's had dark clouds following him around for too long. I hate this life for us, I hate that I can feel pain radiating off of him every time I'm near him. I just want us to escape it all.

I'm tired of things getting in the way of my normal life with Luke, that's all we want.

So, I won't allow it anymore.