healing

"If it ain't one thing, it's another
When you need someone to pull you out the bubble
I'll be right there just to hug you, I'll be there"

Song- "get well soon" by Ariana Grande
________________

It takes me a minute to realize where I am when the fog lifts from my exhausted mind

I squint my eyes open, the harsh bright lights bouncing off the stark white walls of the unfamiliar room I'm in, burning my irises so that I squeeze them shut again. My temples pound with a headache sandwiched between them and the faint beeping of machines is making it worse.

I suck in a deep breath as my limbs stretch out on the hospital bed, my skin being slightly irritated from the scratchy sheets as I maneuver in the bed covers. The room smells sterile, the strong stench of cleaning products would burn through my nostrils if I hadn't been used to this smell before.

There's an ache in my leg as I shift on the bed, the reminder of why I'm here shooting through me in a painful way. My arms feel limp and my head feels like a clogged drain with how tired my body is.

I'm not sure how long I've slept, but my body is still begging for rest as I can feel an ache in every single muscle down to my toes.

My throat is hoarse and dry, water being the top priority of needs right now as I open my eyes again to readjust to the light. I have to blink a few times as I shift up into a sitting position, my fingers gently rubbing into the sides of my head to massage the pain away there.

I glance around the room to find Michael lying in the hospital bed beside me, his body being hooked up to machine like me that makes us look like puppets on a string. He's still asleep, his steady breaths coming out in soft tufts that feel like music to my ears knowing he's alive right next to me.

I don't say anything to wake him as I want him to sleep for as long as he can, he looks in such a bad state now that I can clearly see him in the light, so I don't want to disturb him from his rest. His face is all discolored with old and new bruises, his nose is bandaged but I can see how swollen it is from being busted, and there's a curved cut over his lip.

And that's only the injuries I can see, never mind what is hidden under his hospital gown.

We've both had a long couple of days, but we made it through together. I didn't know if we were gonna ever make it out of there alive, but here we are.

And I couldn't be more relieved and thankful because of it, I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my new life just yet.

Luke took us to the hospital immediately after finding us. I was fading in and out of exhaustion when Luke came screaming through the emergency room doors demanding for help, Ashton had me in his arms and Calum was holding up Michael the best he could. I overheard Luke yelling about for a private room for the two of us, but I must've drifted off before I could even be examined.