surprise customers

"I've gone weak and I'm sick of speaking
So hear me out you're the cure or something more
I think you're one of a kind so I'll never like myself"

Song- "Why Do You Feel So Down?" by Declan Mckenna
_____________________

Song- "Why Do You Feel So Down?" by Declan Mckenna _____________________

Evelyn's Pov:

Evelyn's Pov:

Monday nights are typically the slowest in the week at the bar.

Unless there's a big game on or we've got some specials going on for happy hour, the bar never has more than twenty people in it.

I don't mind all that much. I'd much rather have a slower night bar tending, that way I don't have to keep up with so many orders or deal with so many people. The only good thing about working busy weekends is the money I get, and sometimes, the customers I deal with aren't even worth the money.

That's why, after a busy weekend, it's nice to have a more relaxed night at the bar. Red Desert isn't a huge touristy place either, so we mainly only see regulars and locals throughout the week.

It's not a huge, flashy bar. It's actually quite small and in major need of a few upgrades on things, but that's one of the reasons that I decided to work here. It doesn't draw much attention, and it's somewhere that didn't do a background check on me, so that's a plus.

Red Desert is just a corner pub with chipped tiled floors, old band posters littering the brick walls, torn vinyl seating, sticky tables, and an old pool table near the back. It's charming in its own way.

Tonight, it's only me mending the bar. Miranda and Adrian are both off due to the lack of needing more than one bartender on a Monday night. I understand why they only have me working behind the bar, but I do get kind of lonely when it's just me.

There are two kitchen staff workers and one waitress to serve anyone who comes to order the greasy bar food we serve, but they're all doing other things while I twiddle my thumbs behind the bar waiting for someone to need a drink.