luke's brothers

"I never had the courage of my convictions
As long as danger is near
And it's just around the corner, darling
'Cause it lives in me
No, I could never give you peace"

Song- "peace" by Taylor Swift
___________________

Song- "peace" by Taylor Swift___________________

"Maybe you should get a dog."

"I can't just get a dog, Al. I may live here, but it's not my house," I turn my head in the direction of my phone in order for my voice to pick up through the speaker.

"Luke seems like a dog person, I don't think he'd mind," Allie says and I roll my eyes playfully.

"I'll ask him about it, but something tells me he probably won't want one," I tell her truthfully as I bend down in front of the oven to pull out the dish I made.

Allie and I have just been catching up over the phone for the last twenty or so minutes since we've both been too busy to do it in person recently. Since I moved out, I've missed having her to talk with and keep me sane, so it's good to finally be able to chat with her again.

Plus, I feel like I've been surrounded too much by guys lately, I've really been needing some girl talk.

Luke's been out of the house all day because he had some business to take care of at the club, but he should be home in the next hour or so, so I made us a simple dinner to eat whenever he gets here. But since I've not had to work all day, I found myself getting a little lonely in this large house.

It was nice for a few hours, but after I kept myself busy with cleaning and doing things like reading, I've gotten a little bored.

Which is why Allie is trying to convince me to convince Luke into getting a dog.

But I'm not so sure that a dog will fit into our already chaotic lives at the moment, maybe one day in the future.

"How's it been living with him? Are you still in a honeymoon phase or are you sick of him?"

I set out the baked pasta to cool down and lay a sheet over it in the meantime, then grab my phone and take Allie off speaker as I round the kitchen island and head into the living room.

"Definitely not sick of him, but I don't really think we've been in the honeymoon phase either," I answer as I throw myself down on the couch and tilt my head back against the armrest. "But living with him has actually been kind of great, he's made me feel very comfortable here."

"Oh, I bet he has," Allie says with a pointed tone, hinting at some underlying meaning.

"Allie!" I warn, although I know she's going to continue anyways.