To Save You

Jennie's POV

My heart was beating so fast and I was out of breath when I reached the upper floor. All the alcohol I took was definitely gone by now. I don't even mind pushing everyone that got into my way, I just need to get here as fast as I could. I was right behind them when they entered one of the room, that breaks my heart a bit. Maybe I should go back downstairs and wait for them~~ No!! I can't let that happen, not on my watch. I walked slowly to the door, standing there, contemplating on what I should do next.

Should I knock or just open the door, it's not that rude right? I grabbed the door knob but I was too scared to proceed. Jisoo might misunderstand me if I behave like that, possessive and clingy. My hands are sweating that I even have to wipe them off by my dress. The picture of Jisoo and that sly fox flew back to my head again and I felt anxiety building inside me. This weird feeling again, I can't have this anymore. This feeling was the reason I avoid to attend parties with Jisoo when I saw her with someone else. Damn it Jisoo.

My thought was immediately cut off when I heard something that definitely got my attention, I heard Yeri's voice which ticked my ears off. All the nervousness and anxiety that I felt awhile ago had vanished instantly. A new emotion came rushing inside my body, is this jealousy...?

What the fuck Jennie? I have a boyfriend, I'm just being concern about my bestfriend. It's concern, it's gotta be because she's my bestfriend, I concerned about her. She's drunk and Yeri definitely took that as advantage, I should protect my bestfriend, it's not out of jealousy. I was again in deep thoughts, still arguing with myself when I heard another moan from the room. And that will do it everyone.

Without even thinking twice I barged into the room, luckily it's not locked. "WHAT THE FUCK!!?" Yeri shouted and immediately got off the drunk Jisoo. The sight earlier put my chest in pain, she's kissing Jisoo and it's not a sight that I want to see again. Ever again. "Yeah?! What the fuck right?!" I yelled out of anger. Upon hearing and recognizing my voice, Jisoo hurriedly opened her eyes and looked at my direction. "Jendeukie? Love? What are you doing here?" She said happily as if she doesn't have any idea what was happening around her.

If this wasn't an ugly situation, I would feel butterflies in my stomach because of her calling me 'love'. But now was not the right time, I'm fucking pissed now. "Yeah Jen. What are you doing here?" Yeri butted in innocently which pissed me more. I rolled my eyes on her before speaking "First of all, don't Jen me, we're not close. Just because you're friend with Irene, that doesn't make us auto-friend. Second, don't act innocently and I am here to get my girl- my bestfriend." I said to her with a very bitch tone and then went to where Jisoo was.

I looked at Jisoo but she's being emotionless, she's not even moving when I pulled her arm. "You're kidding right? Don't ruin our night!" Yeri confidently said to me and pushed me a bit from Jisoo. She just raised her brows at me and gave me a smirk. I flinched because of her push and let go of Jisoo's arm. I felt small, Jisoo didn't even say anything but I have to get her out from here, no matter what. I was about to fight back but then Jisoo's loud voice echoed in the room. "Hey!! Don't touch her like that!!" Jisoo raised her voice at Yeri and that made Yeri shut her mouth immediately. Her bitchy vibe was gone now.

Jisoo turned to me, we're so close right now. I admitted that I was being rude and cold to her at the restaurant, I felt like, I just have to distance myself with her if Kai was there. Being able to see her again this close, those eyes, her presence was enough to make me happy. "Why are you here Jen?" She asked with cold voice and emotionless face. I need to say something. Anything! "I just wanted to save you from her." I felt like a child being scolded in front of everyone in the class. The tables have turned and I wasn't expecting that. "Save her from what?! You're the one that disturbing us!" That bitch butted again. I felt stupid and ridiculous when I looked at Jisoo, she's looking at me with a blank stare. Maybe Jisoo wanted this too. Maybe she likes her too. Maybe I was really disturbing their night. Great! You just made a fool out of yourself in front of them both. That was the moment I knew I have to get myself out of there. As soon as I turned my back at the door, the tears I've been holding began to run down my face. I don't care if anyone see me. I was hurt and embarrassed at the same time.

I walked through the hallway, holding myself up onto the wall but ended up sobbing in the middle of it. What if Jisoo don't love me anymore? What if she really mean what she said at our dinner earlier? "I'm so stupid!!" I frustratedly shouted at myself while crying. "Don't say that." A voice said and I froze when I looked up, it's Jisoo. What is she doing here? "Don't ever say that to yourself again, love." She said softly while wrapping her arms around my waist then resting her head on my shoulder.

I instantly felt at ease with the soothing sound of her voice. "But I am. I've ruined your night. I'm so stup-" I wasn't able to finish my words when Jisoo gently pinned me against the wall, my breath hitched for a second. "I told you to never call yourself that again." She said seriously while looking at me straight in the eyes. She wiped my tears off my from cheek and cupped my face. Her face was so close to me, I can even smell her breath. The smell of alcohol and her perfume makes me weak. We're just standing there, staring at each other. None of us dare to speak of anything. I was leaning against the wall while she had one of her hand cupped my cheek and the other on my waist, I felt thousand of bolts running through me.

I can't have this feeling!! This is not right! The back if my mind interrupted me. She suddenly smiled at me then closed her eyes and leaned in a little more, making the small gap between us, even small. If that's possible. What the hell is happening? Is she going to do what am I thinking right now? She's going to kiss me? Our moment passed like a slow motion. Why am I feeling giddy about this? I have a fucking boyfriend!! A voice reminded me in my head.

"Chu-" I was about to push her away because I know that anytime now, I might give in into the kiss if she lead me into it and by doing that is definitely considered cheating on my boyfriend and I don't want that to happen. But what she did next, makes me forget all those thoughts.

"I missed you." She whispered in my ears. "So damn much" She continued and I can't help but to smile so hard that my cheeks started to ache a little. Without wasting any moment, I embraced her so tight, perhaps to fill in the entire time that we're not together. I wrapped my arms around her neck and she did the same by wrapping her own on my waist. We stayed like that for God knows how long. "I guess you've missed me too?" She asked me. I let her go and nodded my head as an answer. I let out a tear rolled down my cheek and leaning in to kiss her on the cheek. I made it lingered there for a moment, just for her to feel how much I did really miss her. "Like crazy." I whispered at her ear. I even felt her body stiffened at my action.

"If you ever treat me the way you treated me back then at the restaurant, I'll be the saddest person on earth." She said with a sad face. It made my heart ache knowing that I've hurt her feelings. "I'm sorry Chu. I didn't mean it that way. I was just-" I tried to explain but she cut me off. She let go of me, smoothly removing my arms from her neck and looked at me. "It's ok love. I guess I was overreacted. But why are you being so cold to me suddenly? What did I do wrong Jen?" She said with a confuse and curiosity written all over her face. Yeah Jen? What did she even do in the first place?

Unable to answer her, I just can apologize. "I don't know what to say. I'm sorry." I said to her as tears began to formed in my eyes. I was so upset with myself, I was being childish and senseless. "No! Don't cry love. I hate seeing you like this. It's okay. I must be did something stupid that you're acting that way." She said with a panic face and wiped my tears with her thumb and engulfed me in her embrace again. She kept saying she's sorry while rubbing my back, but in the reality I'm the one that should apologize to her.

It still felt surreal that we are now just inches away from each other after more than a month. I am here now, finally feeling her love and comfort again. "I can't wait to spend my time with you. Mom's missing you a lot too, now I'm doubting that if she loves you more than me and Irene." I told her with a smile when I saw her blushed harder. I guess she sobered up by now, I'm happy, feeling too happy to my liking. "I can't wait too." She said then reached for my forehead and gently placed her lips there.