The Dinner

Jennie's POV

"Rise and shine~~~ Jensoo wake up~~" I heard someone chanting at the door. Really Rosè? I can't believe how annoying she can be, she teased me a lot since yesterday. "You are sunshine, my only sunshine! You make me happy when skies are gray~~" She continued. Okay that's it! I stretched my arms a little to convince myself to wake up. That was one of the best sleep I've ever had for a long time.

I immediately smiled when I felt an arm wrapped around my waist. The familiar warmth that she can always give to me. I turned to look at Jisoo and found her still sleeping peacefully next to me. I gently put the strand of hair covering her face behind her ear. Damn! She's beautiful. "Unnie! I know you're awake! Stop staring at Jisoo unnie and open the door, I have a message for you from Irene unnie!" She said with a little bit louder than earlier. How the hell did she know that I'm staring? I thought she's gone already.

I stood up and hurriedly to the door, the last thing I want was for Jisoo to wake up hearing these nonsense things from Rosè. Just as I open the door I found her smirking at me, resting herself at wall near my door. "Jesus Rosè! You will wake Jisoo up!" I whispered yelled at her. I look back Jisoo and she's still at the same position, such a heavy sleeper. "Irene unnie said dinner will be at the beach house, 7PM sharp." She said while looking at her phone. "P.S. Tell Jennie to stop being late to any dinners. Mom can't wait to see Jisoo." Rosè recited and showed me the text Irene texted her. I chuckled a little before talking, "Where is she then? And why she and mom didn't just text me instead of you?" I asked. "Duh.. As if you will pay attention to your phone if Jisoo is here, you even use her phone to call or text whoever it is." She said as if it was the most obvious thing. She raised her eyebrows and began to walk downstairs.

I walked back inside and sat at the edge of the bed. My back was facing Jisoo as I'm looking at my window. I can't help but to smile upon remembering last night. The ambiance was peaceful. I bet the skies is so bright if I open the curtains up. "Good morning love." Someone whispered at my ear and that made me jumped a little. I playfully smacked her hands that she just happened to wrap around my waist. "You startled me! It's too early for your sugarcoat remarks Kim Jisoo." I said with a smile to her. "Sorry. I can't help it when you have your sexy back facing me here, love." I blushed at her comment and turned around to face her but she just pouted her lips at me.

That pink lips is so tempting.

"Don't do that." I said to her. More like of me reminding myself not to kiss her. What am I thinking just now. "Do what?" She asked me. I walked to my bathroom to avoid answering that "Nothing! Just fold the blanket will you? I wanna do my morning routine." I heard she groaned, she always hated it when I asked her to fold the blankets.

****

The day went smoothly except for Jisoo and Lisa fighting while playing PS5. Just imagine, me and Rosè have to took the controller to stop them from playing it. I wished Irene unnie was here, she's the only one can control these two idiots.

****

"Oh thank God! You're finally ready. I even started to believe that you just really want us to starve to death." Rosè sarcastically said which made me turn to look at where she's looking. Lisa and Jisoo are waiting outside the car to wait for us. My throat went dry, my heart started to pump abnormally, she's gorgeous. It's just a dinner, why is she being that beautiful gorgeous perfect from the head to her toes?? "Unnie!! I told you not to dress up! Look at Jennie unnie, she won't be able to enjoy her food tonight, she might wanna eat you the whole time at our table later." Lisa jokingly said to us as we're approaching them. Well, only if she knew.... "Oh God. Please remind me this is why I hate when the two of you got along with each other." I rolled my eyes and enter the car. The drive was supposed to be like 10mins but hearing Rosè complaining about being hungry sure make the drive long enough.

Irene opened the front door and the first thing she did was to greet Jisoo. Am I invisible now? Am I not the sister? They just met yesterday for fuck sake. "What the fuck! Finally you guys decided to show up!" She exclaimed as she ran up to me. "Well, so nice of you to even remember me by now." I sarcastically said to her and pulled her into a hug. "Omoo Jisoo!! Lalisa and Chaeyoung!" I heard mom yelled their name and I smiled upon seeing mom walking towards us. After a bit of their dramas 'I miss yous, long time didn't see you, you're looking beautiful and so on', we proceeded to our dining table where all the foods are already prepared. Jisoo sat beside my mom and I decided to sit in front of her, with Rosè and Lisa at my left. Looking at them chatting happily like this makes my heart fluttered, it's a beautiful sight. I was awake from my thought when Rosè nudge my arm, she really can't wait to devour the food.

I took my phone and texted Jisoo.

To Jisoo: I know you have a lot to catch up but we're hungry. P.S. I missed you already, seems like mom took you from me. I need a new bestfriend to replace you, remind me of that.

She looked at her phone with a smug smile and put her phone back down on the table. She's not even bother to reply me! Fucking Kim Jisoo. Luckily Irene unnie stopped them from talking, we might just having a breakfast at this rate if those two was still talking. The dinner was full of laughter, I don't want these moments to pass, this is all I need.

****

"So? When are we going to meet her?" That's the question I heard mom asked Jisoo. "Meet who?" I asked letting them know my presence as I sat beside them. "No one Jendeuk." Jisoo said defensively which make everyone shook their heads and laughed at her. "Meet who!?" I asked a little annoyed than the first time I did. I just don't like it when she's trying to hide something from me. "The one that she mentioned at her interview." Mom finally said. "Oh.." That's all I managed to say after I heard that from mom. I felt my heart aching just by thinking about that. What more about meeting her? They gave a look with a curious eyes, waiting for me to say something more.

"Yeah Jisoo. When will we gonna meet her?" I asked trying my best to sounds excited that I almost choke myself at the end. I saw Irene Lisa and Rosè laughed but I just shrugged them off and turned my gaze back to Jisoo but she's looking at me with a sad look on her face. What's wrong? Did they fight? Oh that bitch, I'm gonna kick her ass. "Soon. Just not now." She answered, not excited as I expected her to be and she took a sip of her wine right after. I'm not looking forward to that. I whispered to myself before raising my glass too. "Cheers!!" I chanted and they did the same. We're now at the backyard, enjoying the rest of the night. The air was a bit chilly, but it was nice. I felt so happy that I'm afraid this feeling won't last long.

"You're going to catch a cold later." Jisoo said wrapped a small blanket over my shoulder and stood beside me, watching the others having their drinks and whatever the topic they have. "What about you?" I asked her. "I like the coldness, it's okay." She replied to me. Nonsense as I thought to myself and quickly wrapped her together with me, back hugging her. "I had a blast. Thank you for having me." She finally said after a moment of silence. I just smiled at her remarks. The familiar warmth is conquering me again, I just tighten my grab on her waist.

"I know you two looks kinda cute together. But trust me you won't feel cold if you drink this liquor with us, please don't be anti-social now." Irene nudge my from back and I saw her holding a bottle of liquor, walking towards where they were sitting just now. I can't even enjoy my bonding time with Jisoo, these people hates me!

****

"Home sweet home!" I said and laid myself on my bed. "You need to wash yourself first Jen, don't just laid yourself there." Jisoo said as she removed her shoes. I just shrugged my shoulder off as I was so tired and tipsy after having drinks with them. I guess I have to drag myself to the bathroom. After I finished my night routine, I saw her sat on the bed, she must be waited for me. She opened her arm indicate me to cuddle her. "Thank you Chu for spending time with my family." I said to her. "I'm the one who should thank you. Now let's sleep, I know you're sleepy now. Goodnight Ruby Jane." She said, teasing me with my middle name. "Goodnight turtle rabbit." I teased her back and put my head on her chest as we both went to sleep.