Friend?

Kai's POV

This whole week has been a whirlwind of events, it just doesn't sit right. Me and Jennie didn't fight, not say she's being cold to me, it's just we're fading away. But I'm so happy today that she said she wanted to have lunch with me. Hearing that makes me happy but why am I still feeling uneasy over this meet up? Is this what I'm thinking of all this time?

I turned my head at the entrance of the restaurant and found she's walking towards me, effortlessly beautiful. After I pull the chair for her, she silently said thank you and smiled at me. When our eyes met, I immediately saw a sign of hesitation in it. I just shrugged it off and we proceed with our order. The lunch was okay, we still talking like usual but the presence of her love wasn't there anymore. Not like she showed so much to me before, but this was stronger.

"Babe, you have something to tell me?" I asked her and she shocked at my question. She hesitated at first but after a few moments, confidence is all I can see in her eyes. That's it Jongin. You know your heart will breaks once she open her mouth, but you needed this, you need a closure. "Kai.. I'm so sorry but I'm in love with someone else, with Jisoo. I can't be with you anymore, and I don't want to lie about my feeling to you, about us. I hope you can understand me. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not dating you as a rebound or whatever it is but I just can't ignore what's my heart keep telling me." She said with a sincerity on her face.

Upon hearing that, I felt tears began to form beneath my eyes. I've seen this coming but after I heard it from Jennie herself, I felt sad. I didn't said anything, as I felt my throat dried up and I already swallowed my tongue. I took her hand that resting on the table, as I caressed her hand I gave her a smile, a smile of assurance. To let her know everything will be fine as long as her happy, I can live with that. Then to comfort myself, I just scratched at the back of my head, played with my hair a bit, to find a word to start with. With all my strength left within, "I know Jennie. I have the instinct the moment I met her at the restaurant. That moment, I know there's a strong connection between you guys. But I tried to ignore my instinct, maybe it's because you guys practically grew up together, you know? But when I saw how she stole glances at you and you did the same, the way her eyebrows rise up every time I put my arms around you. At first I was like, maybe she's being protective to her bestfriend, but when I see how hurt she was when you snapped at her over the text and some cold treatments, yeah that's when I know." I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I thought it was one sided, that you don't like her the way she did. I have the feelings actually but maybe you're not that comfortable with me yet since we're at our early stage of relationship. And that's why I just didn't mind it, I keep telling myself, Jennie is my girlfriend now and I don't need to worry about anything else. And that's where I came out wrong, I do need to worry because my girlfriend doesn't love me the way she loves her bestfriend. It's just that you're too guarded up by your own defense. I was so stupid to believe I can make you forget her and fall in love with me. God knows how I tried. But how can I make you fall for me when you're already head over heels for her? I still remember the night at the party, how irritated you were when she's dancing with someone else. I saw how mad you looked at the girl that can't keep her hands off of Jisoo. I should've make a better decision long time ago, to let you go for her. I mean, it's pretty obvious when you would always choose her. All the time we have our dates, it always Jisoo this and Jisoo that, but I let it be because that's the most genuine smile you have, when you said her name. I was blinded by my own feeling, I'm sorry for being selfish, I keep pushing myself to you." I said as a tear escape my eyes.

Jennie's POV

"Oh my God Kai, I'm sorry for all the miserable things I did to you, all the pain I've caused you. Kai, you don't deserve that, I have no excuse for my actions, I'm sorry for doing this to you. I thought I can love you and ignore whatever feelings I have for her. I thought it was just normal to feel those until I realized it wasn't. None of you at fault, it was me from the start. Someone that unable to identify and accept her feelings, unable to recognize my own heart. I kept hurting you and Jisoo, all I think about was myself. I didn't realized I was already hurting you from the start. I'm sorry for going behind your back like this. I know my words and apologizes won't take back the pain away, won't make it hurts less, but I'm really sorry Kai." I managed to say between sobs. I covered my face with my palm as I wipe the tears away.

"I know Jennie. Believe it or not, I already expecting this, the tension between you guys was too strong, anyone would realized that anyway. But please stop killing any girls with your eyes when they're with Jisoo, poor them." I chuckled when I remembered how she was that night. "And I'm sorry too, I should've done the right thing back then." He said as he stood up beside me and I faced him. There's a sign of hurt and pain in his eyes but then he smiled and stick his hand out to me. "Friend? Can we be friend instead? It's too precious to lose someone like you in my life." He said and I can't help it but to hug him. "Stupid. Of course we're still friend. I will ask Irene to annoy you if you ever leave me." I said jokingly but doesn't change the fact that he still get intimated with Irene.

****

I told Jisoo everything went well with me and Kai. But now I'm with my family, I haven't said anything, yet all my energy already drained out. I mean how come your entirely family keep looking at me like there's something. I just wanna get back to Jisoo already. Maybe I shouldn't tell my family, let them know about us from any news then wait for mom and Irene nags me. I know dad will be pretty chill about it, I mean Jisoo and dad was always the hectic trio along with Jisoo's dad. How I wish I bring Jisoo along and let her to face my family. Irene being Irene kept pestering me about everything, she just won't shut her mouth. "Jennie baby.. Are you okay? You seems have a lot in your mind." Mom asked. "Yup true. But oddly she doesn't seems sad anymore right? Bling bling in her eyes now or is it the eyes that wanted to kill me? How dare you thinking like that to your unnie!??" Irene said and I just rolled my eyes to her. "Dad, why won't you say something?" I asked him. He just smile "What am I suppose to say now? You're the one that have a lot to say, right?" Then he took out his credit card and put it on the table. What was that suppose to mean?

"Guys! I just want you to know that I'm with Kim Jisoo now. Yes, Jisoo as in Kim Jisoo. I don't want to keep this as secret but I really hope you can give us your blessings cause I really loves her." I said quickly as I closed my eyes because I'm too afraid to see their reaction. I opened my eyes when I heard Irene giggled as she kissed the credit card that dad put on the table just now. I look at them confusedly. "Sorry baby.. Dad just lost the bet to them. I thought that it's Jisoo that will be the one to confess to us first." Dad said without a sense of seriousness over my confession. Did they even hear me out?? Being speechless and stood there like a mannequin, mom came and hug me lovingly. "My daughter is really brave now, I'm so proud of you. That's a Kim for you." Mom said. "Kido, sorry but your whole ass confession doesn't mean anything. Everyone already knew about it, I dare to bet that Jisoo's family knew about that too. Don't sweat yourself." Irene said with a smug face.

Like I said, I just can't predict my family. How dare they acted like it's nothing? I mean, when they know about us?? They spent so much time with Jisoo, now they're behaved like her, so annoying. Urghhh. But I'm so glad that I received a very positive responses from them. Sure they nags a bit, but it's advices for me to take a good care of my relationship with Jisoo. I'm just so happy for today and I can't wait to meet Jisoo later on, I just want to kiss her and hug her. Now I can be with her without anything in my mind, I will make sure all the girls be out of our way, Jisoo is mine. Your sorry ass won't even get to touch Jisoo anymore, bitch. I'm the one that she will bring home, I'm the one that will feel her love, her touch. Imagining that make me feel like a teenage dream. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.