To be With you

Jennie's POV

I woke up when I didn't feel Jisoo beside of me on our bed. Did she woke up already? Strange, she's not an early bird. When I turn around to get my phone on the table, I saw a note on it. "Love, have a breakfast later. I'd love to have it together with you, but you're in your deep sleep. I'm off to somewhere. See you later." She could have just texted me, that's the point of having handphone right? Typical Jisoo. After my morning routine, I went to the kitchen to have my breakfast. While munching, I'm watching our videos in my phone, silly Jisoo. Without realizing it, it's already almost 2pm, and she's not home. I texted her but she haven't reply yet, where did she went to? I called Lisa to ask where Jisoo is, because that woman is her crime partner. But she said she didn't meet with Jisoo today and she sounds sincere. If this is a another prank from them, I will smack her head real hard. Despite of her being missing for few hours, I can't help but to feel giddy, maybe she's preparing a surprise for me, for the proposal.

Jisoo's POV

I wake up early today because I want to get our rings, I'm going to propose to Jennie. When you're an ambassador for Cartier, it's not hard to make an urgent request from them. I've booked a restaurant for our dinner tonight but I still have so much to do. It's not even a surprise, I know Jennie is expecting this, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't make it a bit fancy. I know Jennie won't mind if I propose to her, even at our kitchen or anywhere, just let me be cliché about this. I told Lisa and Chaeng about my plan this morning, both of them screaming like a girl scout. Too much to handle, if I bring them to prepare all this, I might propose next year. Long story short, I got our rings, it's beautiful. But I will make sure to customize our wedding rings next. This will do, I thought in my head. Now all I have to do is to check out the restaurant, as the deco team already started there. Not to lie, I'm feeling like a lovesick teenager doing all this, OMG. I was driving on the road, smiling all along in my car, singing along with whatever I have on my player. The skies is clear, such a nice weather. It would be nice to have a picnic in this weather.

As I look at the sidewalk, there's a couple holding hands and giggling, they look happy. The girl is laughing to whatever the man whisper to her, must be a joker. But that's the point, isn't it? Laugh with your partner and grow old with them, accept their flaws, it's should've have been your safe place, a comfort zone. That woman, she's laughing like nobody is watching instead of being typical woman where you have to be polite all the time, considering this is a public place, she's living in their own world. Without worries, she walks with confidence, all she need is his hand holding hers. I want to be that way with Jennie, where we can love each other without boundaries, without worries despite this unfamiliar relationship in our culture. I want she to laugh at my jokes, I want to be the one that comes to her mind first whenever she's happy or sad, come running back to me whenever she's struggling over something, I want to spend a long life with her, with our kids and grandchild someday. I must be a lucky bitch to be loved by Jennie Kim. I smile and look at the ring box and cannot stop thinking about Jennie. As the traffic light turns green, I step on the pedal to rush to the venue, I just can't wait.

Out of nowhere, a container trailer hit on my passenger side, hard. I can feel my car is spinning around few times before the trailer hit me again. At that moment, all I can do is to hold onto the steering and the ring box on the other hand. Jennie's face keep flashing in my head, tears is rolling down my cheeks. This cannot be it, I have to go to the restaurant to check everything for tonight. I want to run over to Jennie, to tell her that I love her, I didn't tell her enough. I have to put this ring on her finger, I should be kissing her right now.

Jennie's POV

While doing some cleaning, I heard my phone ring, it's Rosé.

Rosé: Unnie, where are you? Are you okay?

Jennie: Woo slow down Rosie, I'm cleaning now while waiting for Jisoo. You guys made a mess last night. Tsk.

Rosé: Get ready, me and Lisa are on our way to pick you up.

And she off the call. Weird, why is she sounds so rushing? Is this their plan, I'm not a kid anymore guys, cut the act. After putting a decent clothes, I sit on the couch. While waiting for them, I turn on the television. The moment when everything registered in my head because of the news, I was dumbstruck. Tell me this isn't real. I can hear the loud banging on the front door, it keep banging over and over again. I just can't believe my own ears and eyes right now. Every steps I take to the door feels like I'm stepping on a whole minefield full of red flags. When I open the door, both of them immediately hug me, or catch me to be exact, I can't be on my own feet anymore. I wail and wail, this is not crying anymore, I can't even feel my tears. Feels like it's my heart that's crying, pain all over. After Lisa told me to get on my feet because we need to rush to the hospital to see Jisoo. The drive feels so long, without knowing how Jisoo is, I can't help but to be strong. I need to be there when she open her eyes. She promised me to grow old with me, to propose and have a family with me.

All of the stuffs that we used to do, all her laughs and all of our moments keep repeating in my head. We promised to be together and we will. After all those things had happened, all I want is to be with you.