Chapter 15

Manik's POV

"Nandini please calm down. Voh bas ek friend hai." I tried telling her because her face clearly said she thought otherwise.

"Vibha? Cabir bol raha tha? Yaad hai? Voh Vibha hai, Nandini. Just an old friend." I said taking her in a hug but It didn't reciprocate.

"Jaan. She just tripped and fell on me. Toh pakadna pada. Bas. That's when you came. Trust me. Aisa kuch nahi hai. I've told you what I feel for you so there's no room for insecurities and doubts now Nandu" I started caressing her cheeks.

Silence. That's what I got. Kuch toh bol hi sakti hai that she trusts me. But no. Nothing.

"Manik.... Yeh vahi hai na jiske saath tum college mein flirt karte the? Mujhe yaad hai Cabir said something about flirting with Vibha.. agar tumhe voh ab bhi---" I cut her off there instantly.

"Nandini after all that we've been through how can you not trust me and ask something like this?" My voice raised a little. It made me angry that she couldn't trust on what I'm telling her.

"Ha I'll admit mujhe college ke vakt us par crush tha. But that was just an infatuation. Tumne mujhe pyaar ka asli meaning samjhaya hai. You've made me feel something I've never felt before. I promised you it's always gonna be you and it will always be you. Tumhare bagair ab jeena mushkil ho gaya hai Nandini. Tumhe aise doubt karte dekh mujhe hurt feel ho raha hai" I held her shoulders and made her look up at me, a tear rolled down my cheek which took both of us by surprise.

I've never shed a single tear in anger ever. This was me feeling like I would've lost her on something so stupid.

"Manik voh vaha bethi thi jaha meri jagah hai. Nahi dekh sakhti main aisa kuch. Appa ko kho chuki hu but tumhe nahi khona chahati hu." With this she hugged me and let her tears flow. I could hear her sobs now.

I wiped my face and hugged her back.

"Listen to me Nandini. Tum mujhe kabhi khone wali nahi ho. I am so sorry tumhe voh dekhna pada but mujhe bhi gussa hai ki tumne trust kiya nahi."

There, I said it. Hum dono aise hai ki chup nahi reh sakte when something is bothering us.

"Manik I'm really sorry but tum hi socho na, meri jagah tum hote toh ab tak uss ladke ko maar chuke hote hai na?" She looked right in my eyes. I wiped her tears away.

"I understand you Jaan, aage se aisi situation vapas ane hi nahi dunga" I said while kissing her forehead.

"Chalo ab fix yourself and let's party with everyone. Phir toh hum akele room mein 'party' karenge. And besides let me introduce you to Vibha"

At the mention of Vibha I could see her face drop. But what can I do? She's just a friend. Nandini has to understand that. I can't be rude to my friends unnecessarily.

"Manik please kiss me" she said and it took no time for me to kiss her. With all my emotions I kissed her. Every fiber in me was sparkling while kissing her. I could feel it. She held me so tightly I could feel all her love for me in this moment. I pecked her lightly and let go of her.

"Chalo ab. Let's not ruin our night any further. Please don't cry. You know I love you with all my heart, Nandini" saying I pecked her forehead and got out of the car. Switched the engine off and helped Nandini get out too.