Chapter 17

Manik's POV

"Manik chodo, I'll go help Amma and mom" and there she is, ruining my romantic mood.

"Thike vaise bhi suhagraat ke liye bas 2 days hai" I smirked at her and quickly kissed her on the cheek.

She chuckled and left and I turned to finish off my work. Soon it was lunch time and we all had lunch together.

Cleaning and decorating had already started. It was so chaotic right now. Everybody ate and retired to their rooms to rest for an hour.

Nandini glared at me and left towards her room. This confused me. Maine kya kiya? The next moment I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to find Vibha "Manik let's chat na for a while. It's been such a long time since we last met"

Ugh, I sighed and said yes to this. It's true. She was a really good friend of mine back then. Maybe I misunderstood that bond to crush that time. Chucking these thoughts we sat on the couch.

This is why Nandini glared at me. Ab kaise isse samjhau ki Vibha is a friend. I wasn't even sitting close to her or anything.

"Manik yaad hai? Locker room? I swear maine kabhi kisi ladke ko fully clothed shower lete dekha nahi tha till then." She laughed.

"Yes I remember voh Rohan or Ruhan or whoever he was, usne pura mud se ganda kar diya tha but still the principal thought maine hi kuch kiya galat." I swear he was always behind me. Pata nahi kya problem thi.
I laughed thinking about how I always sneaked out of classes.

"Tum the hi vaise Manik. Troublesome." She moved a little closer to me, laughing she put her hand on my bicep.

"Vaise you remember somehow every year hum hi lab partners bante the!" He hand started moving up and down. And it just angered me. She was being way too friendly. I moved away from her and said, not sounding too rude "yes nobody knows how.... Umm I should go rest now, you too do the same. See you later" I got up and turned towards the stairs.

"You still care so much na Manik" she said and I did not miss that. I didn't like it. She just needs to leave straight after the wedding/reception. I don't want this creating more problems and misunderstandings between Nandini and me.

I chose not to respond and climbed my way up the stairs, sighing I walked towards Nandini's room. I opened it to find her asleep. I went close to her, bent down and kissed her forehead.

My prettiest Nandini, even in sleep she looks pretty. Can't wait to wake up next to her everyday for the rest of my life. I smiled to that thought and left towards the guest room I was staying in for now.

I layed down thinking about Nandini and me, sleep took over me.

Nandini's POV

I woke up to my alarm at 4:30pm sharp. I stretched myself to get rid of any sleep left in me.

I quickly hurried to the washroom to freshen up.

I showered and tied a towel around my head. Wearing my pajama and a tshirt I got out of the bathroom. I started drying my head. Amma and Navya entered without knocking.

I should've locked it. Idiot Nandu!

"Beta yeh tera outfit yaha rakh rahi hu. Navya Mukti aur Alya tumhe makeup and accessorize karne mein help karengi. Tho makeup artist said she's coming by 6:30" Amma took a deep breath and hugged me.