Chapter 40

Manik's POV

No matter how hard I try, it is tough for me to put up this strong facade in front of her. It is just that we have spent time apart and now that we have gotten married, both of us thought that we would get time to spend with each other but there's too many obstacles. Vibha is playing a dirty game and it is honestly very shocking for me, she was my friend. I never thought she would do something like this but they say na expect the unexpected, I don't know if it makes any sense right now but to me it does. 

"Just rest, Manik. Don't think much, we will get through this. I love you" she placed her lips on mine with that, I deepend the kiss and I really didn't want it to end but she pulled away. She rested her head on my chest and closed her eyes, I did too but sleep was far from my eyes, my mind was overthinking and moreover I am scared for Nandini. I don't want Vibha to hurt her in any sense. I have to do something... Yes! Bodyguards! But Nandini surely won't let that happen, she won't like it. I will just have to have them work secretively.

I held her close to me and finally fell asleep.

Nandini's POV

"Manik utho" I shook him for the 5th time now but all he kept saying was '5mins please' and pulled me closer. "What is this?! Tumhe 30 mins mein nikal na hai aur tum ho ki. Just wake up Manik." I said firmly as I know If I keep playing around he'll be lazy as well. He finally let me out of his hold and I got up while he groaned in the pillow which got a chuckle out of me.

I took his change of clothes out while he went to the bathroom. All he had to do was change and leave, his bag was packed and Mukti and Cabir had left to come over here. I sat waiting for my husband to come out so we could say our byes properly but uff he was taking a lot of time.

Finally when he came out, without thinking of anything I pulled him towards me on the bed. His cheeks heated up instantly, he was fumbling with words "Tum..yeh.. Nan---nandini" that's when I realised he was actually in just a towel as his one hand was supporting himself while being on top of me and his other hand clutched the knot of the towel. "Tumhe ho kya gaya hai Jaan?" He asked getting off of me.

"Tum romantic ho vaise par abhi kya ho gaya Manik? I don't want to be far from you." I said sitting up and giving him that look, the one you give someone to make them really understand. "I know... Mujhe bhi nahi jane ka mann but agar main tumhare paas aur aya toh main sachh mein nahi jaunga... Let me just change and then I'll come to you, okay?"
He kissed my cheek while I nodded at his mature ass.

I sat on the bed resting my back on the headboard and closed my eyes. After a few minutes I heard the shutter of the camera of the phone so I opened my eyes knowing it was Manik. "Ab main yehi dekh ke sounga roz. Come here, Jaan" he forwarded his hand and I instantly took it and he engulfed me in a hug.

"Manik please don't skip meals, do not overwork please. I know how you are, tum kaam khatam hone tak baki koi cheez ko entertain nahi karte. Mujhse pehle mom and dad ko call kar liya karo okay? And don't worry... I'll take care of everyone and everything here"
He pulled out and asked "aur tumhara dhyaan kon rakhega? Tum meals skip karogi toh chalta hai? Jaan you also need to take care of yourself. Hospital jaogi toh please take your meals on time,  do not go anywhere alone please. Take the driver wherever you need to go. Tumhara location on rakha karo so I can be relieved about your whereabouts." That's exactly when we heard a honk, and Manik looked at the window. He turned towards me and embraced me in a hug.

"It's time, I'm already missing you." He said hugging me tighter "already? Kaise? Main toh yaha tumhare baho mein hu" I said giving him a kiss on the neck "ha par tumse durr jaane ka mann hi nahi" I had to cut our hug short now so I pulled out and said "chalo everyone must be waiting.. check karlo ek baar" he hummed and walked into our closet. "Sab le liya hai ab bas ek last cheez bachi hai" he said walking out of it coming close to me "this" saying that he kissed me all over my face except the lips.