Chapter 8

Manik's POV

M- "Fine yes. Ab please usse chhodo"

S - I see you're a good boy. Thik hai. Pandit ji. Aa jaaye

With that, we saw a pandit coming towards us. He looks way too familiar.

P - var vadhu...(Cabir!!!????) Uhmm. Kripaya maaf Kare humara gala kharab hai.

I gave him a "tu yaha kaise" look and he just blinked indicating me to shut up.
"Manik!?" I heard her weak voice.

Nandini!

I went towards her and I gave her a reassuring look. "Sab theek hoga jaan. Trust me" and I turned towards soha "soha. Let's start and get this over with"

S - Manik jaldi Kya hai. Pehle Mujhe iss nandini ko torture karne do.

M - wth Soha?. Leave her out of this. Tumhe main chahiye hu na toh phir use mat lao beechmein. Kyu Kar rahi ho tum ye sab?

N - Manik. Uski baate mat suno. Woh kuch nahi karegi.

Soha rushed over to nandini and hit her hard on her head and took the gun out of the holster and aimed it at her.

M - soha. Don't do it. Main karr raha hu na tumse shaadi. Please let her go.

S - main isse prove Kar ke rahungi ki main kar sakti hun. Itna pain dungi. I will kill her.

N - soha please.

M - Soha. Leave her and I'll do whatever u say. Whatever u want me to do.

S - let her die. Then I'll get peace.

P(C) - soha bete mat Kar. Police pakad legi.

S - Cabir tum? What the hell Manik. Ab toh pakka nandini Marr rahi hai.

We heard the door open with a bang and ah. Police officers are finally here. Bas soha kuch Kar na de nandini ko.

Police - hands up. Ms. Soha Khurana you are under arrest.

S - but first ....

She loaded her gun and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit nandini's left arm.

M - Nandini!!!!!!!

I ran towards my Jaan. All I could see was blood.

The police arrested soha and Cabir called an ambulance while I sat next to her. I can't control all those tears. She's in pain , all because of me!

M - nandini. Jaan please aakhein band mat Karo. Stay with me please. Please nandini. Himmat mat todo..

I saw a couple bruises on her face. Where did she get these from?

Soon the ambulance came and now we were headed to the hospital. God. Please save her. She is my everything.

.
.
.
.

Nandini's POV

I could here faint noises of people talking. I tried to open my eyes but I just couldn't. So I tried to focus on a particular voice. It was manik's "Maa please don't cry. Aap rest kijiye please. Nandini ko achha lagega Kya ye jaanke ki aap royi" after this I just opened my eyes with force and I tried to say something to catch their attention as both we facing me their backs. "Maa---" in an instant Manik was beside me. I looked at him , tried focusing with my eyes ... Amma ran to get the doctor...

I needed water desperately "nan--nandini tum. Tum uth gai. Shit paani deta hu ruko" he helped me drink water from the bottle. 

"How are you feeling? I'm sorry jaan sab Meri vajase hua hai. I broke the promise" I can't see him like this. Mom did say Manik never cried. Well he is crying right now. He looks weak. It feels painful to see him this way.

"No Manik. Aise mat bolo. And please don't cry. ...... I really like you and I'm happy that we are getting married" I smiled looking at him "and don't worry .. bas thoda pain hai. Baki I'm all fine. Ab smile kardo please. Tumhari koi galti nahi thi and you didn't break your promise man----" we were interrupted by doctor and Amma

"Amma!" She came and hugged me

"how are you feeling now?" The doctor asked. "Fine but thodassa pain hai"

"kuch din rahega and we suggest that u stay here for a couple of days or gharpe hum facilities ka intezaam Kar sakhte hai"

M - maa Kya hum nandini ko Ghar le jaaye. I want to take care of her. I'll stay there if you don't mind .. please maa

N - ha Amma Mujhe gharpe hi rehna hai. I just don't want to stay here.

D - umm aaj raat yahi rehna padega ... Kal subah sab tayar hoga aur check karke you can go.

The doctor turned towards Manik and said
D - Manik the bullet just passed touching her arm. So the wound isn't deep lekin the pain is not less. Take care of her and a big no on using that hand for a week straight.  

A -  thank you Dr. Sehgal . And Manik I'm happy you're here beta

The doctor left and Amma went home. It was 10 pm and we just finished our dinner.

N - Manik.... Thank you.

M - don't thank me. In fact, I am really sorry for hurting you.

N - Manik ... Kya bol rahe ho tum. You did not hurt me in any way. Mujhe kuch nahi hua.

M - at one point I just thought I lost you. Nandini u were gone for a whole day. I -- I just ... Please Mujhe kabhi chhodke mat jaana

N - Manik. I am right here. Achaa come here and give me a hug.

Manik didn't move. He stood still and it looked as if he was thinking about something.
"Manik. Please aao na idhar. I need you. I need your warmth. I need your love"

As I said this he was right next to me wrapping his muscular arms around me and pulling me in to his chest. I guess I heard him say something. Something like I love you but no. Itne jaldi kaise.

N - Manik from tomorrow I want you to be with me till I recover. That's at nights. Din mein tum toh office jaoge ... But promise .. raatko only nandini time okay?

M- sirf raatko Kyu? Din mein bhi I will be with you. I'll work from home. And you please rest now.  I mean sleep now. Bohot raat ho gai hai.

He got up when I held his hand. "Please stay"

"Yahi samne toh hu main jaan"

"Manik please" 
He laid beside me, we were looking at each other, lost in each other's eyes and feeling overwhelmed, the warmth, the closeness, and I didn't even realize when I slept.

Manik's POV

I have to do something. Something to make it up to her. I texted on our fab 5 group
M - guys please ek favor

Mu - bol.

C - favor hi reh gaya tha ab

D - bol na buddy

M - i need you guys to plan a welcome home surprise party for nandini ... Kal subah.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote , share , and let me know how do you like it so far? Any suggestions? Hit them in the comment section .. thank you guys