Chapter 5

Manik's POV

I heard footsteps aur Meri Nazar seedha steps ke taraf gai. Nandini. She is looking so beautiful. God! I just cannot divert my eyes from her. Our eyes met and ah! The sparks. Mahn! She came towards me and stood next to me.
"Manik aise Kya dekh rahe ho?"

"Tumhe..."

Uh Manik ab toh beta Sab ke samne dekh. 

I looked everywhere else but at Nandini ... I saw Soha coming towards us and just grabbed Nandini's waist and pulled her closer to me "Manik! Kya kar rahe to tum? Kya hua?"
"Nandini ... Voh soha!" I wispered in her ear and dayan ka naam lo aur voh haazir
Soha - Manik!!!

She just came on to me. Chipku. Nandini pulled me away and coughed a bit to get Soha's attention.

Soha - Manik yeh Kya? Shaadi? Aur yeh kon hai? Isse Shaadi kar rahe ho? I must say your taste buds have destroyed

Manik - Soha. Careful. She is my fiance. Aur ha main issi se Shaadi kar raha hu. She's beautiful Haina? Ik she's very beautiful inside out unlike some people, thanks. Thank you for joining in my happiness.

With that, she left with anger.

Mom - Hello everybody. Engagement ki rasmein ab shuru ki jaayegi. Thank you all for coming.
She came towards us and we bent down to take her blessings

"Tum dono humesha khush raho aur aise saath hi raho." Maasi maa said "Aur Manik you can call me maa now :)"
Maa stood behind Nandini and mom was behind me. First I put the ring on her finger and then she did but while putting it on a tear rolled down her face and she quickly cleaned it away.

Dad - Badhai ho! Meri beti nandini ki engagement ho gai!!!

Me - dad? Main bhi to aapka beta huuuu

Dad - bete abse na pehle nandini phir tu.

Nandini - thank you so much, papa

She went and hugged him. In dono ka bohot achhese bond banne Wala hai I know it. Nandini and I were seated on two chairs and everybody was coming to us with wishes and blessings. Last it was fab 5 and navya?

Madhubala yaha kahase aa gai?

"Madhubala aap yaha kaise? Humne toh aapko bulaya bhi nahi tha" I chuckled 

"Haw!! chup aur voh jisse aapki Shaadi ho rahi hai Mr. Manik Malhotra ji voh humari bestfriend hai. Toh first. Agar tumhari vajase Nandu kabhi royi toh main toh tumhe itna maarungi. Second agar you fail at protecting her I'll make sure tum zinda bhi na raho ... Samjhe?" She said and I just nodded faking my expression of being scared by her threat.

Cabir - acha vaise Manik aur nandini honeymoon ka Kya?

And everybody laughed.

Me - cabirrrr. Engagement Hui hai Shaadi nahi .. honeymoon Shaadi k baad. Tab pakka bataunga tujhe okay?

Mukti - toh ab Kya plan hai tum dono ka?

Nandini - what to do u mean? Ab back to work.

Navya - arey work Kya work. Nayi nayi engagement Hui hai , zara ghumo phiro maze karo.

Nandini - navya ... Main doctor hu I cannot take a leave for a long time na

Manik - Mujhe bhi kaam hai .. ghumna firna hota rahega Shaadi k baad

Nandini just kept on blushing.
Alya - acha guys suno bhuk lagi hai hum khana le lete hai tum dono aao jaldi okay?

All of them left for dinner and Nandini aur main baate karne mein busy the
"Congratulations guys" we looked up to find Soha urgh.

Nandini - thank you, Soha, did u have dinner?

Soha - oh nandini ... Ha khaya na.

Soha just kept staring at me.

Manik - nandini Chalo hum chalte hain.

I said while going closer to Nandini, we stood up and Nandini said "soha , ab we need to go toh please thoda side hona and we'll see u later bye" soha was just staring at Nandini with anger in her eyes.

God! Soha ka kuch karna padega. Khair abhi to nandini saath mein hai.
Nandini - Manik , kaha khoye ho? Tumne suna bhi Maine Kya kaha?

Me - sorry nandini. Kya bol rahi thi??

Nandini - after dinner can you meet me on the terrace? I need to talk.

I gave her a slight nod and we got seated at the table. The dinner went by faster than I thought, everybody had left it was just us 5 - mom, dad, maa, me aur nandini.

 Mom and dad insisted maa and nandini to stay the night so they did and the 3 of them left for their respective rooms while Nandini headed towards the terrace and I followed her .. there was a bench and that's where Nandini sat toh main uske pairo ke pass niche beth gaya facing her, I took the box that I had held behind my back and after opening it I took out the payal aur maine use pehnadiya tab voh boli "Manik yeh Kyu?"

"Yeh isliye Kyuki aaj engagement Hui na humari."

"Toh aise kaise without gift main tumhe chhodta"

"Manik....."

"Vaise tumhe mujhse baat karni thi na? Bolo na Kya hua?"

She held my hand, looked into my eyes, and said "Manik, I don't know what this is but I feel very connected with you ..... Hum bas Kal hi mile hai lekin aisa lagta hai ki hum janmo se ek dusre ko jaante hai. And yes I find you pretty attractive. Well, who doesn't tum Manik Malhotra Jo ho! You know jab Amma told me about our marriage ... Well she did say k tum Malhotra industries k CEO ho isliye I searched for you on the internet, I know it's kind of creepy but I couldn't help it. When I saw you Mujhe yaad Aya navya har vakt bolti hai Manik achha gaata hai , Manik bohot hot hai. Yeh Sach toh hai. Manik aur Cabir bohot achhe dost hai." she paused and stretched her hand out to me, I happily kept my hand in hers and got up to sit beside her.

"Manik today we got engaged and I promise you. My soul will be always yours. I will be loyal and I will take away all your pain and sadness. And I will always offer you happiness. Thank you, Manik for being so nice and understanding"

I was out of words. This girl makes me crazy! I just hugged her. And lightly pecked her forehead. "Nandini I promise to never let any harm get to u .... Yes, I feel the same. I don't know but you're like a magnet to me. Main tumhari ore kiche Chala jaa raha hu , Mujhe pata nai kyo tumhe sab batane ka Mann karta hai. Umm nandini ek cheez hai. Mere liye sabse pehle mom dad aur fab 5 aate hai phir kaam. Ab tum bhi pehle aati ho. Lekin for future references let me tell u I don't like it when I get disturbed while working ... Voh mein phir gusse mein kuch galat na bol du... I hope you understand and Nandini I promise you I will love you always. I'm happy to hear all that you said. Nandini I do trust you. A lot! Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for trusting a man you met just yesterday"

She smiled and hugged me sideways "It's crazy na, Manik?"

She definitely is the one for me!

"Super Crazy but I love it all" I replied

                              xx
Hello guys. Well please I really need all your comments and votes. Let's do this ... Make this chapter reach to 10 votes and I'll post the next chapter? Yeah? Your votes mean a lot and I really don't want to force but please don't be a silent reader. Please thank you 
       –N