Chapter 56

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

Hello hello!!!

Thank you guys for being super patient with the updates. I am really sorry i was dealing with a lot of trauma and betrayals in the past few weeks that i couldn't take out time to come write here....

But now that I am somewhat feeling okay, there you go with the next update. It's not much, it's kind of like a filler chapter/episode for now.. you know like the ones in series and stuff? So like there might be a few fillers here and there but that is just to maintain the pace of the book and upcoming suspense.

Hearty apologies guys! I will try to update again soon, please show some love! Keep voting and commenting. Votes and inline comments are highly appreciated!

Thank you once again! Happy reading!!

Nandini's POV

I know Manik has been stressed lately but everything is irritating me. Being in this one room all day irritates me. I don't want to fight or argue with him but it just happens and we are both so clueless regarding the next steps.

"Jaan tum rest Karo I'll just clean the table and ask the butler to take all of this down" he said that and started putting plates and glasses on the tray.

I was missing Mom and Amma so much right now. I know they were trying to give Manik and me some space but uska matlab ye nahi ki they don't come see me at all. Dad ka i understand, he must be at the office right now.

I looked for my phone and thankfully it was right next to me on the bed. I quickly dialed mom's number and after 3 rings she answered.

"Nandini? Beta are you ok?" She had a panic filled voice and i could hear Amma ask from behind if i was ok.

"Relax mom, kuch hua nahi... I was missing you guys toh socha call kar ke upar bula lu since aapka beta mujhe niche aane nahi de raha" i said and huffed jokingly since even Manik was listening to our conversation.

He rolled his eyes at me and mom agreed to come up in a few minutes. I called Manik closer to me And he sat down next to me "bolo Mrs. Malhotra, what can I do for you?" He slid his arm around my lower waist being careful with the wound on my back and i rested my head on his chest.

"I love you Manik and i really appreciate all that you're doing for me but tum thoda rest karo. You need it too you know?" I looked up at him as both of us sighed knowing what I said was the absolute truth.

"I am okay Jaan. All that matters is you and your well-being. In fact I feel happy that I'm getting to do things for you. The love I have for you is just so real and intense. Tum khush aur safe toh main khush!" He kissed me on top of my head and right then his phone rang making me curious as to who was calling.

He took it out of his pocket and looked at the screen skeptically. He answered it "Hello?"

"Yes, Manik speaking"

"Um i haven't decided yet but my wife thinks I should so, next week mein we can schedule a visit?"

Schedule a visit? Is this regarding... Vibha?