Chapter 70

Manik's POV

It seems like I'm lost, lost in my world. This little world consists of Nandini, the entire family including Fab 5, and me, that's it. We are all finally happy and at peace in ways.

Yes, there are small problems here and there but it's okay we're taking care of them, together.

"Mani, get up and go take a shower. Late ho raha hai" I was pulled out of my thoughts as I heard Nandini speak automatically making me look at her to find her drying her hair using the towel.

I looked at her and could not stop smiling, she looked so adorable in that outfit.

"Haww tum mujhe chod kar gayi nahane. Not fair." I thought of complimenting her later but this foolish banter of ours is more interesting.

"Agar sath karte toh ab tak andar hi hote. We have to go to the hospital, yaad hai na?" as soon as she mentioned that, reality dawned on me. Amms was unwell and last night Nandini freaked out making me even more worried.

I had suggested Amms to see one of the top doctors here but she just refused. I just hope she feels well now. It breaks our hearts to see our loved ones in pain like this.

"Haan, jaa raha hu." I got up and winced as my arm hurt from being in one position all night. I mean come on, it's romantic and stuff but at the same time, it hurts later.

"Arey, what happened? Are you okay, Manik???" she hurried over to me and held my arm, and started examining it.

I gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek and hugged her as she snaked her arms around my waist.

"Relax, it's all good. Main naha kar ata hu" I headed into the bathroom to freshen up and she nodded and left to go downstairs.

I took a quick shower and got ready. Today was Friday, meaning tomorrow was the day I took her out, so preparations needed to be made.

So I quickly gave them a call to see if the host can make any preps or I'll just have to send someone before we go.

Turns out they do, that just made things easy for me. Technically it's our 6th month anniversary of knowing each other and being together.

I just hope she likes it and feels like this was a break and get away from all the stress lately.

Dismissing my thoughts, I headed downstairs. Nandini ke Ayyapa, Amms ko theek ho, please.

"Nandini?" I called out to her as I was in the dining area, I thought they'd be here for breakfast but I didn't see anyone so I went into the kitchen where the scene just made me smile wide.

Nandini Amms and Amma were chatting and cooking something together, it seemed like they were making something with cinnamon.

I entered and all three of them looked up at me and I wished them "Good morning, beautiful ladies. Ab kaisa hai aapko, Amms?" I walked closer to her and bent down to take her blessings.

"Arey arey khush raho. I am fine. A little unwell par Nandini ne theek kar diya sab" She looked at Nandini and made a face, wait what?

"Haan toh aap hi bachpan mein kehti thi that it's healthy especially when you're sick." Nandini chuckled and I was still clueless as to what it was.

"Nandu, tune kitna pepper daal diya that, it was so spicy. Bichare Amms. Aur ab focus on this, chalo chalo." Amma twisted her ear and Nandini winced but they both laughed it out.

I looked at the counter to see Nandini had rolled out some kind of pastry dough. Is she making... Cinnamon rolls?

"Aisa kya banaya tha Nandini ne?" I asked Amms since she was free to talk.

"Kadhaa, that I used to make for her when she was a child. Lekin accidentally added a lot of pepper and other spices. Koi baat nahi mera gala clear ho gaya is chakkar mein" She face palmed and laughed shaking her head in disbelief.

"Amms, aapko kadhaa nahi pasand?" I asked her and she shook her head in a no and that made me crack up.

"Acha aur ab kya ban raha hai?" I walked over to Nandini's side as she put the dough in a tin and Amma said "Apple pie and cinnamon rolls. Madam is in the mood for baking today. So Amms has this perfect recipe for Apple pie that Nandini wanted to learn"

Didn't we have to go to the hospital? And what about breakfast?

"Smells heavenly. Par, Nandini hume jana hai na?" I glanced at my watch and it was already 11 and I think the doctor would be in already so we should get going.

"Haan, I'm just making. Amma will bake it further. Aur breakfast bhi ready hai. Tum jao, go get seated with Amms. I'll come, we'll leave after that" She started cleaning her hands and took off her apron so I nodded and joined Amms at the table.

After breakfast, we got ready to leave and we settled in the car, Nandini was driving us there today.

"I am all okay, kids. Maine kaha na... Toh why do we have to go see the doctor?" Amms frowned and I chuckled and turned around to look at her while saying "Amms, we should get you checked na. Aur aap tension mat lo, hum hai na aapke saath." I smiled at her to assure her.

"Okay if you say so" she mumbled and closed her eyes and I moved my body to face the front again, letting out a huge sigh.

Soon enough we reached the hospital and I helped Amms get out of the car, Nandini was going to park and come so we headed in.

"Good morning. Dr. Sundaram se milna tha." Amms spoke at the front desk and the receptionist greeted her back and dialed someone.

"Waiting hai, ye form lijiye aur fill karke mujhe dijiye and wait your turn. Apka number abhi 12 hai." She handed us a few papers and a pen, and I quickly grabbed those and guided Amms toward the seating area.

"Aap bethiye, main ye fill karta hu aur nandini kaha hai, dekh kar ata hu." She nodded at me and I went back to where the front desk was. That's when I saw Nandini asking her something so I called her name to get her attention.

She turned to me, smiled at her and walked my way. "Amms?" she asked taking the papers from my hand and going through them.

"She's in the waiting area. Tum ye form bhar do, let's go" I held her hand and we went and sat next to Amms.

Once our turn arrived, we met with the doctor and he wanted to run a few tests which concluded that Amms had mild pneumonia and a few other minor internal issues.

There are certain measures and rules she needs to follow to get better and Nandini is on top of them now.

"Apne suna na kya kaha doctor ne?? You have to rest. Complete rest. No riyaaz. Nothing. This means ab yeh workshop completely cancel karni hogi." Nandini had a stern tone while speaking to her that I did not like honestly.

"Relax, Jaan. She knows she needs to rest and recover. Be calm." I rested my hand on her thigh to calm her. But she was in her Hulk mode.

"No, Manik. I've seen her stress herself and work so hard even though she was sick or low on energy. She just never stops. Now she has to rest and I'm not taking any excuses." she held the steering tightly and I sighed nodding at her and looking at Amms apologetically.

"Sorry Amms, nandini ko sirf aapki chinta hai. And I agree, ab aap sirf rest kijiye" I said to her and she gave me a defeated smile nodding her head at me.

"Yes I understand. Don't worry I will be fine and yes I will rest, theek hai kanna?" she asked nandini and she hummed at her and that is when the car ride back home got silent.