Chapter 14

Nandini's POV

Soon we all left in two cars for the club. I was feeling excited as this probably was the first time being in the club with Manik.

Hum dono pehli baar yeh side dikhane wale the ek dusre ko. Though main zyada party karne wali hu nahi.

I looked to my right at Manik. Cabir and him were engrossed in talking about some fab 5 album and I just couldn't take my eyes off of him.

I feel so lucky to have him. I know after marriage responsibilities badh jayengi but with him I feel sab possible hai. Mom dad bhi bohot pyaare hai, I'm very happy and excited for the next chapter of my life to begin.

We soon reached and Manik being a gentleman opened the door for me. We entered in the club and Mukti and Alya literally started screaming.

Crazy hai ye log. Navya too started screaming. It felt really nice to see them all. Lucky.

"Nandini! Tum kya piyogi?" Manik was talking loudly but due to the surrounding noise it felt as a whisper.

"Juice is fine. Or just a Cocktail. No hard drinks for me. And Manik you or cabir please don't drink." I said remembering somebody has to be our designated driver. Alya was not drinking as they are planning for a baby.

He kissed me on the cheek and left to get our drinks. Meanwhile all us girls were dancing now. Mukti was going crazy with all the shots. My eyes averted to to this specific corner.

Familiar face right there. He was with a girl. I thought of approaching him.

"Excuse me dumbass!" I said as his eyes widened looking at me.

"Nandini tum?! Oh no!" He said and put his palm on his forehead.

"Abhimanyu Thakker! Aise gayab kon hota hai?!" I punched him lightly and he made a dramatic face!

"Kya yaar Nandu, tumhare liye surprise tha! I told meera chachi main Sangeet mein seedha aaunga but tumne abhi dekh liya" saying this he hugged me side ways.

"Chalo I'll introduce you to my friends and fiance" I pulled his hand and walked towards the girls.

"Guys! Guys! Guys!!" Third time I shouted loudly to get their attention.

"This is Abhimanyu!" I said putting my arm around his arm. And the next second I heard Manik's voice from behind.

"Kon hai yeh Nandini?" His eyebrows were furrowed, seemed jealous.

"Abhimanyu!" Saying this Abhi forwarded his had towards Manik.

Manik shaked his hand and said "toh usmein meri hone wali wife se chipakne ki kya jarurat hai?" With a fake smile.

"Bro! Chill. Main Nandini se flirt nahi kar raha. Tell him na Nandu" at the mention of 'Nandu' the irritation on Manik's face was visible to everyone.

Everybody started giggling and I said "Manik... Abhi is my cousin. Cool down" and with that I laughed and left Abhi's arm and side hugged Manik.

He gave me a kiss on the head and apologized to Abhi.

Mu- okay so Abhimanyu, you too join us now? Let's party yaar guyssss. Manik! Shots! shots! shots!

Cabir and Mukti started chanting 'shots' indicating more shots.

These guys are wild. Itna maine kabhi party nahi kiya. I was sipping the cocktail Manik got for me. Vodka was pretty evident in the taste.

I looked at Manik and he just smirked at me. This sneaky man. He knows very well what he did. I anyway drank the drink wiping Manik's smirk off of his face.

Everybody was now dancing and drinking and I can see Mukti and Abhimanyu interacting the entire time.

Aah something might spark there. I can feel it. I smiled at this thought. I finished my drink and now I replaced it with water.

We all sat down on this round couch table and I had the this sudden urge to pee but I decided to finish the leftover water in the glass and then go.

Meanwhile

C- Manik, we have a surprise for you.

Mu- yes Manik, we're sure you will love it!

They said teasing him. Why are they teasing him?

Okay now I really had to pee.

N- you guys continue. I'll be right back from the washroom.

Manik instantly got up.

M- I'll come with you Nandini. Akele mat jao. Guys surprise baad mein.

Nav- Arey Manik! Tum ruko, surprise dekhlo. Hum jaate hai na Nandu ke saath.

N- Haan Manik. Continue na. Abhimanyu tum bhi chalo. Bodyguard you see.

I chuckled and walked towards the washroom. Navya and I entered inside and obviously Abhimanyu stood outside waiting for us.

"Nandu, Manik se pyaar karti ho?" Navya asked.

"Pyaar? Haan Navya. Lagta toh pyaar hi hai aur humne ek dusre ko confess bhi kar diya" I said waiting for the stall to empty.

As soon as 3 girls got out I entered in and did my business. Came out washed my hands and now I was fixing my makeup.

"Kisi ki nazar na lage Nandu. Bohot pyaare ho tum dono. Baghwaan kare aise hi khush raho." Navya said smiling at me.

I felt she was really happy for me. I love the fact that I have such good friends.
I hugged her and she chuckled and said "ab chalo nahi toh everybody will be worried"

With that we came out and with Abhi we walked back to where everyone was.

The sight in front of me shocked me to my core. There. Manik was sitting and some girl was sitting on his lap. Her hands around his neck. They were just looking at each other and I just.

My mind started overthinking at the rate of 100 thoughts/minute.

Why is he not leaving her?! Why is she sitting where I should be sitting?!

"Manik?" Only his name was all I could utter. His head snapped in my direction and he then saw my expression. He immediately got up not bothering about the girl, he took long strides towards me.

Seeing this all were quiet, they knew it's not something they should speak in between of.

I turned and walked towards the exit. If he loved someone else toh phir mere saath ye sab kyu? Wait why am I assuming he loves her? No, he loves me. Kaha tha usne. I have to trust that. But I won't stop.

One more minute of that and my mind would've exploded.

"Nandini suno toh baba. Agar tum mujhe explain karne hi nahi dogi toh sab clear out kaise hoga." I felt his hand on my shoulder to stop me.

"Manik please. Dekha maine. Kya explain karoge?" I said while tears just made their way in my eyes.

He held my wrist and pulled me towards his car. "Manik please leave me. Akela rehne do. Bohot bure khayal aa rahe hai" I said while trying to free my wrist.

"Just please let's talk. Aise baat kiye bina aur problems create hogi" he said and opened the back door of the car while gesturing me to sit inside.

I had to get calm for this. It made me angry but not stupid. I understand baat kiye bina nahi solve hoga infact aur badhega.

I quietly sat in while he went to the other side, started the car to start the AC and sat right next to me.

I covered my face with my palms to calm down. Manik once again held my wrist in an attempt to make me look at him.

"Please baat karo? Aise chup rahogi toh aur dard hoga." I felt him genuinely feeling bad about the situation. But what can I do?

Agar meri jagah Manik hota toh he would've broken the other guy's nose by now.