Prologue

"Romanoff, Barton. I have a job for you." Said Fury and let the two agents into his office. Director threw a folder on the table. From the folder dropped out few photos of demolished terrorist bases.

"What caused the explosion?" Asked Clint curiously.

"According to our technicians it was always auto destruction. But with three bases in one month? That's suspicious. I think that someone hacked them. Someone who can swim through codes like a fish in water."

"I don't think that's possible with current technology. Most of them use auto destruction buttons with twenty number combination, fingerprint and voice verification. Single wrong attempt and the alarm will go off. Someone unauthorized would have to get around these steps but I don't think it's possible at this time." Explained Branwell, the head of the technical center, who was standing next to the director. Fury only frowned.

"There is a pattern, it seems that whoever is causing this appears to be traveling from Baltimore to Philadelphia. We were able to guess which base could be blown up next. Find a team, get there first and wait for anybody who causes this and immediately report back to me." With these words, he dismissed them.

"Let's head out today. I have a bad feeling about this." Said Natasha.

"Yeah, that will be the best. We'll meet at six in the hangar, and we'll set off." Announced Clint.

-Time skip-

Liam Mills watched in boredom as a landscape full of coniferous trees flickered behind a window. Slowly, he bopped his head to the beat of Twenty-One Pilots' Stressed Out, which began to play in his ears. He felt the train slow down slightly, so he began to rise from his seat. He climbed out of his compartment and prepared to get off the train. A few minutes later, he was coming out of the station building and looking around. The place looked deserted, except of the few houses that could be seen through the snow in the air. Snuggling even more into his white coat, he let out a puffy breath and began to penetrate through the thick layer of snow towards his next goal.

He hid behind a tree when he saw the first guard. He raised his wrist as if to look at his watch, and around it wrapped a holographic strip. He slung the hood of his snow-white coat over his head and began climbing the tree carefully. The guard's watch beeped softly, signalling the start of the exchange. A large light blue ten appeared on Liam's holographic strip.

Ten.

Liam looked around and saw a ventilation shaft.

Nine.

He saw a camera monitoring the shaft.

Eight.

He pulled a tiny disk from his coat with a blue backlit button in the centre.

Seven.

He pressed the button and calculated the angle of the throw.

Six.

With a quick flick of his wrist, he threw the disc that stuck magnetically to the camera.

Five.

In Liam's eye, the codes began to be projected in the iris, and a repeated shot was set on the camera.

Four.

He ran up a branch of the tree to the ventilation.

Three.

He took off the light plastic cover.

Two.

He slipped inside.

One.

He put the cover back in its place.

Zero.

He deactivated the video loop on the camera.