III.VI.: Oh, hey Tasha...wait what-

"Dr. Cho!" Shouted Jack and rushed to her side, pressing down on the wound to stop the bleeding.

"He's uploading himself into the body." She said breathlessly.

"Where?" Asked Steve, hot on Jack's heels.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First we have to find it."

"Go." Dr. Cho said and Jack sent her a worried look.

"Go Steve. I'll stop her from bleeding out. I'll join you as soon as I can."

"Fine, take care." Jack then took out his phone and with bloody fingers dialled 911, and after a quick conversation with the dispatcher the ambulance was on their way.

"Go. I will be fine. You have a brother to save, don't you?" Jack stared at her, and she smiled and nodded. Jack sighed but stood up and bolted after Steve. He jogged over to a shocked looking woman and asked:

"I'm sorry ma'am. Could you tell me where the guy dressed like American flag ran of to?" She pointed a shaky finger down the street.

"Thank you." He said, smiled at her and then sprinted off.

"I'm going in. Cap, can you keep him occupied?"

"What do you think I've been doing?"

"Where you at, Cap?" Asked Jack into the comms.

"I don't think you're fast enough to catch up to a train buddy." He heard male voice from behind him. Jack turned around, gun pointing at Pietro's face. The silverhead raised his hands in surrender.

"Bold fucking move to show your face here."

"H-hey, look, we were wrong, I admit that. We made a bad choice and I'm sorry. We can help." Said Maximoff warily eyeing the gun.

"Oh, really? I hope that you understand that I'm a bit hesitant to trust you."

"Civilians in our path!" Both Jack and Pietro heard from Jack's comms. Jack glared at the other man and then sighed.

"Ready for your redemption arc?" Asked Jack and Pietro grinned. The taller man grabbed Jack around his torso and sped off.

-Time skip-

Natasha woke up with a massive headache.

"I wasn't sure you'd wake up. I hoped you would, I wanted to show you something. I don't have anyone else. Except for Liam, of course, but he's been out for some time now. I think a lot about meteors, the purity of them. Boom! The end, start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild. I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would've looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy. Instead they'll look up in horror because of you. You've wounded me. I give you full marks for that. But, like the man said, "What doesn't kill me..." He stepped closer and Natasha started crawling backwards. Ultron ripped his old body apart, pieced of it flying around.

"...just makes me stronger." The sound of the cell door being shut woke Liam from his unconsciousness. He stayed quiet, not wanting to alert Ultron. That would just lead to another round of torture.

When the redhead's fingers brushed against Liam's cold arm, Natasha almost screamed. Her head whipped around, and her eyes widened with horror when she saw the bloody mess that was Liam.

Liam cracked his eyes open and blinked at Natasha.

"Oh, hey Tasha...wait what?" He said with raspy voice and shook his head.

"Oh my god." Natasha managed to say and quickly looked Liam over. Liam's eyes fixated on her lip.

"You're bleeding." He said with weak voice.

"Oh I'M bleeding?" She sarcastically asked. Liam felt soft fingers on his forehead. "You're running a fever." Liam leaned into the touch and closed his eyes.

"Is it over?"

"Almost." Whispered Natasha as she brushed away the ebony hair from Liam's forehead.