V.VII.: Parental approval

The jet was falling and Melina was pretty sure she and Alexei were not getting out of this alive. Her earpiece cracked.

"Melina, can you hear me?!" She heard a voice she vaguely recognised. It was that Natasha's boy.

"Yes?"

"You have to jump out of that jet!"

"What?!"

"Trust me! You and Alexei have to jump out! Don't worry about the parachutes!"

"Are you crazy?!" She frowned.

"Probably. Listen, there is no way you'll survive the crash inside of the jet. Just trust me, please!" His voice sounded desperate, like he knew something but didn't say it.

"When?" Melina asked and stood up from her seat, Alexei looking at her with confusion.

"On three, okay? One... Two... Three!" She grabbed Alexei's arm and pushed him out, then jumped after him. She heard Alexei curse in russian. Suddenly, another jet appeared below them and turned on its side just in time for Liam to grab them mid air so that they wouldn't fall out on the other side. It went by so fast that the next time Melina opened her eyes, the jet was in horizontal position again. She looked at Alexei, then at Liam, who had a wide grin settled on his face, then towards the cockpit with an empty seat and then back at Liam.

"Who's flying this thing?!" She asked in panic.

"I'm multitasking." Liam shrugged and then flashed his eyes blue with his powers when he saw their confused faces.

"You are... the Roberts' experiment..." Melina mumbled in realization.

"Name's Liam." He hummed and returned to his seat in the cockpit. Time to land this thing.

***

"Natasha!" Liam shouted when he saw her and Yelena. He rushed over and hugged the two, placing a soft kiss on Natasha's cheek.

"Everybody good?" She asked with a smile.

"I am clearly injured." Hummed Melina and shot Liam a look.

"I landed a bit too hard." Liam hissed with an apologetic look.

"Here comes the cavalry." Natasha sighed as they heard the engines of multiple cars

"So, what's our plan?" Melina asked.

"You guys go. I'll stay." Natasha tried to shoo them away.

"That's insanity. We fight. We fight with you." Alexei cracked his knuckles.

"I'll hold them off. You guys, go." Natasha repeated. "Besides, if it can work out with the four of us, you know, there may be some hope for the Avengers. Little bit." Liam snorted at that.

"Okay, well, if you're leaving, then I guess you should take this. I know how much you like it." Yelena grinned and handed Natasha her vest.

"Shucks. It does have a lot of pockets."

"Hey. Hey. You take care of yourself, okay?" Melina turns to Natasha one last time.

"Don't worry. I got this."

"I know. And you!" She then turned and pointed at Liam, who had to resist the urge to lift his hands in surrender. "I'm watching you."

"Yes ma'am." He scrambled to say and the two watched the rest walk away. "That was..."

"Probably as close to an approval as you're gonna get."

"Good enough."

"Well, I'll meet you back at the safe house?" Natasha looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I think I have enough blackmail material to get us both out of this with just a warning." Liam hummed and smiled at Natasha.

"I think all you have to say is 'BANG' and they'll be at your feet."

"Our feet."