IV.IV.: Safe heaven

"The doctors say he shattered L4 through S1. Extreme laceration to the spinal cord. Probably looking at some form of paralysis." Sighed Tony as he stood with Natasha on a balcony overlooking the Avengers compound.

"Steve's not gonna stop. If you don't either, Rhodey's gonna be the best-case scenario."

"You let them go, Nat."

"We played this wrong."

""We"? Boy, it must be hard to shake the whole double agent thing, huh? It sticks in the DNA." Tony shook his head.

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second?"

"T'Challa told Ross what you did, so... they're coming for you."

"I'm not the one that needs to watch their back." Hissed Natasha and stormed off. Tony didn't watch her as she was leaving.

"Boss, you got an e-mail." Announced FRIDAY and Tony opened it, read it and then cursed.

"Shit. Liam's always two steps ahead of us even when he's not around. Fire up the chopper."

-Time skip-

Stealing one of the quinjets was like getting on an old tracks for Liam. He watched the gray sky of Siberia when Natasha called.

"Tasha, hey, how are you?"

"I'm good Liam, but I need a favor."

"Anything."

"I let Barnes and Steve go. Now Ross is after me and I need a way out of the country, maybe even the continent."

"I got you. There's a ferry leaving in two days from Boston to Oslo, Norway. A car is gonna be there for you. And I'll send you the coordinates where a caravan will be waiting for you. It's one of my hiding spots. I'll visit as soon as I can, I just have a few things that need sorting out."

"Thank you, you're the best, I love you."

"I love you too, I'll see you in about a week. Take care."

"Yeah, you too." Liam smiled to himself. Then he started focusing on the landing.

-Time skip-

"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I am done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough." Said T'Challa standing next to Zemo, next to his father's murderer who was calmly sitting in the snow.

"Tell that to the dead." Zemo said and raised the gun in his hand to his head. T'Challa move quickly, putting his gloved hand on the head of the gun.

BANG!

"The living are not done with you, yet." Said the Wakandian prince and knocked Zemo out. He sighed. Then he turned around when he heard footsteps.

"I was afraid you would kill him. He's the ticket to Barnes' freedom." Said unfamiliar Asian man. His posture was relaxed, nonthreatening.

"Who are you?"

"The Ghost." He simply answered and T'Challa's eyes widened. The Ghost was how the sender signed themselves in the e-mail that informed him about Zemo in the first place. "Liam Mills. I work with the Avengers sometimes." Liam extended his hand and T'Challa shook it.

"You weren't at the signing of the Accords."

"Yeah, well I never worked legally anyway. And I really don't like Ross." The prince chuckled.

"You have helped me open my eyes. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

"I know Wakanda isn't what it seems to be to the rest of the world. I have a brother and he has a boyfriend, and that boyfriend has a sister. I'm asking for a safe heaven for all of them. They all didn't have a moment in their live to live for the joy so... I want to give them some peace."

"I can arrange that, but aren't they in prison right now?"

"Oh, don't worry. I'm already taking care of that." Liam threw him a playful smirk as he helped Cap by disabling the cameras on the Raft. In the middle of the ocean, Steve chuckled.