V.III.: Introducing the boyfriend to the family

"You should've brought the Avengers' superjet." Liam rolled his eyes and started walking away from the wreck.

"I swear, if I hear one more word from him, I will kick him in the face." Mumbled Yelena and Natasha nodded.

"Natasha. Natasha. Natasha. Come here, I want to ask you something. Come, it's important." Natasha groaned and stopped. Liam stopped with her and by brushing his finger against hers asked, if she wanted him to stay behind with her. She shook her head and smiled. Liam nodded and continued after Yelena.

"Wait. You haven't seen either one of us in 20 years and you're gonna ask me about you?" When he heard Natasha raise her voice he turned back around and glared at the man.

"What is with this tension? Did I do something wrong?" He asks.

"Is that a serious question?" Yelena snapped.

"I only ever loved you girls. I did my best to make sure you would succeed to achieve your fullest potential, and everything worked out."

"Everything worked out?"

"Yes. For you, yes. We accomplished our mission in Ohio. Yelena, you went on to become the greatest child assassin the world has ever known. No one can match your efficiency, your ruthlessness. And Natasha, not just a spy, not just toppling regimes, destroying empires from within, but an Avenger. You both have killed so many people. Your ledgers must be dripping, just gushing red. I couldn't be more proud of you." Alexei pulled both sisters to him and hugged them. Liam's eye twitched and in moment he was there, pushing the older man away from them.

"Take their names out of your mouth." Liam glared, looking up. Alexei was good 10 centimetres taller, but that never stopped him. Natasha huffed out an angry breath and pulled Liam with her, walking away. Liam squeezed her hand in reassurance. He would always be there for her.

-Time skip-

They walked up to a fence. On the other side stood a middle-aged woman with black hair and dark eyes. She held a big gun in her hands which Liam eyed carefully. She looked at them with, to Liam, unknown emotion.

"Honey, we're home." Alexei said. The woman, Melina, walked around them towards a small house. "Come on, girls." Alexei went after her and the other three hesitantly followed.

"Welcome to my humble abode. Make yourself at home. Let's have a drink." Melina sighed and went off into a hallway, Natasha following after her. Liam looked around. He could detect many weapons scattered around, hidden in small paces.

"Hey, no funny business." He heard Natasha say. He glanced towards the wall he heard her voice from and scanned it. There was a hidden room that Melina opened to put her weapon away. But the room was also heavily equipped with various computers. Natasha was there, so he didn't bother hacking in.

"Oh, that's cool." Mumbled Yelena as she looked into Liam's eyes as he was using his powers. He quickly blinked and his eyes stopped glowing. Soon, Natasha, Yelena, Liam and Melina were all siting at the table, waiting for Alexei to finish whatever he was doing in the bathroom.

"Let's drink." Melina said after hearing a particularly loud grunt and poured them all a shot of vodka. The bathroom door opened, and Alexei cleared his throat. Liam looked up.

"Still fits." Alexei said and Melina whistled. Liam closed his eyes, wishing he would just go blind.

"Oh, my God." Yelena mumbled.

"I never washed it once. Come and drink."

"Family back together again." Sighed Alexei and sat down.

"Seeing as our family construct was just a calculated ruse that only lasted three years, I don't think that we can use this term anymore, can we?"

"Agreed. So, here's what's gonna happen-"

"Okay. A reunion then, huh? And, uh... I want to say something right off the bat. You haven't aged a day, huh? You're just as beautiful and as supple as the day they staged our marriage." Natasha rolled her eyes, Liam's stare fixed onto the shot glass in front of him and Yelena drank her's.

"You got fat. But still good." Melina smiled and Alexei chuckled.

"I just got out of prison. I, uh... I have a lot of energy." Liam facepalmed and pushed his glass towards Yelena, who looked at him gratefully before drinking it.

"Please don't do that." Groaned Natasha. "So, here's what's gonna happen-"

"Your boy doesn't drink vodka?! What kind of joke is that?" Alexei said and Liam looked up, not knowing how he became the centre of the attention.

"So what if he doesn't? He's-"

"This is your boyfriend, Natasha? I have to say, you could do a bit taller." Melina judged.

"Excuse me?" Blinked Liam.

"That's none of your-" Said Natasha before she was interrupted again.

"Natasha, don't slouch."

"I'm not slouching."

"Yes, yes, you are."

"I don't slouch."

"You're going to get a back hunch."

"Listen to your mother."

"Oh, my God, this..."

"Up, up."

"All right, enough. All of you."

"I didn't say anything. That's not fair."

"Here's what's gonna happen..."

"I don't want any food."

"Eat a little something, Yelena, for God's sake."

"You're gonna tell us the location of the Red Room." Then, there was finally some silence.

I love how Liam and Natasha are protective of each other. This is really a Queen/King relationship.