II.I.: They need help

"I'm way too young to lie here forever

I'm way too old to try so whatever

Come hang

Let's go out with a bang

Bang! Bang! Bang!" Mumbled Liam along with the song playing in his head. He stopped for a moment and skilfully flipped the omelette in the pan that he was making. Then, in the corner of his vision appeared ringing phone symbol with a familiar name next to it.

"Nat, what do I owe the pleasure?"

"We need your help."

"We?"

"Steve's here too. Listen, I don't have time right now, but we need you here. I'll send you the address and we'll pick you up. Pack some stuff and get here as soon as you can."

"Roger that." And with that Natasha ended the call. Liam put away the pan and the food and began packing the essential stuff into a backpack. Just when he was putting on a hoodie, he noticed the motion detector being triggered. The closest weapon he had on hand was a knife on the kitchen counter. He quickly grabbed it and started searching for the intruder on his security cameras. But they appeared to be a bit faster than Liam expected. An incredible force collided with his face. He fell on the ground, knife sliding on the floor away from him. He blinked away the tears and looked up at his attacker. He was a six feet tall, muscular man with dark brown hair and mask over his mouth and nose. He wasn't given a chance to inspect him further, mainly because of the fist that would meet his face if he hadn't moved out of its way. The fist punched through the wall and Liam stared at the shiny metal it was made of. Not wasting any time, he grabbed it with his own hand and before the attacker could do anything about it, the mechanical hand started attacking its owner.

The moment the man was occupied, Liam scrambled on his feet, grabbed his backpack and sprinted to the front door. There, he was met with yet another fist in his face. He stumbled back and wiped the blood from his split lip. The second attacker was Asian guy, around 25 years old. His dark eyes glittered with glee and amused smile played on his lips.

"Hello there." The man's grin was unsettling. He pulled out a taser looking thingy, his finger hovering over the red button on the side. Liam wasn't given a chance to scan and figure out what it was because the man attacked. He swiped his leg under Liam's, who, in result fell on his back. The man started to approach his temple with the taser thingy, and before he could press the button Liam kicked him away. Both of them got up fast and started throwing punch after punch at each other. It was an unfair fight. For the past two years, Liam trained with Natasha, he learned some basics but it was nothing in comparison to the other male, who was obviously raised to kill. Soon, he found himself on the floor, laying on his stomach. His hands were painfully twisted back, the younger male having his boot pinning Liam's wrists down on his back.

"Good try, buddy. But not good enough." The attacker giggled into his ear and then held the device next to Liam's ear. Loud, screeching noise started ringing through his head.

"Agh!" All of Liam's muscles clenched. The noise was horrible, like thousands of nails scraping against a chalkboard. It got louder and louder until he was fighting unconsciousness.

"Goodnight, Liam." Purred the attacker, and Liam finally fell into the darkness that was so eagerly waiting for him.

-Time skip-

Liam opened his eyes and was met with the floor of his hallway. He raised his body with trembling hands, his muscles aching and head screaming with every move he made. He leaned his back against the wall and looked around. The only thing left after the two intruders was a hole in the wall and drops of his own blood in the floor. He looked at the clock above the entrance to the living room and from the time it looked like he was out for about half an hour. Then he remembered the address that Natasha sent him. It wasn't a coincidence that Natasha called him for help, and not ten minutes after, someone attacked him. It had to be related. So, if somebody knew what the hell did this attack mean, it would be Natasha and Rogers.