II.II.: Fury's dead, long live the Hydra

Liam parked his motorcycle in front of the hospital and clumsily took off his helmet, trying to avoid the cuts on his face. He had managed to wipe off the dried blood from his face beforehand so that he wouldn't cause panic in the hospital. He walked in and confidently headed to the room Natasha said they would be in. He knocked on the door two times with a pause and then three times fast. The door opened, one pale hand grabbed his shirt and pulled him in, and the door closed after him.

"Hope I'm not too late to the party." Natasha opened her mouth to say something, but her eyes widened when she saw the state he was in. Sure, no blood was on him anymore, but his bruised nose and split lip were still present.

"What the hell happened to you?!" She hissed and checked him for other injuries.

"Uh I was actually hoping you would tell me since they attacked me like fourteen minutes after you called."

"Who attacked you?" Spoke the super solider for the first time. Liam groaned when Natasha touched his problematic shoulder while examining him for further injuries.

"Gah! Not the shoulder please. Some weirdo with hammer for an arm and a crazy asshole with some shitty device that made me pass out. Probably wasn't their first mission too."

"Well congratulations, you just survived your first Winter Solider attack." Said Natasha with grin but the worry was evident in her eyes.

"I don't know about that. They seemed to want me somewhat unharmed. They just...knocked me out and then left, the whole thing was weird. Anyways, back to you guys, what's going on?"

"Well, to make it short, Fury's dead, Shield is Hydra and we're on the run while trying to stop them." Said Natasha with a sigh.

"So the usual then."

"You don't sound very surprised that Hydra is still operating." Growled Rogers with suspicion.

"Oh trust me, if you lived the life I did, you wouldn't be surprised eighter." Liam matched his glare.

"Can you two stop measuring dicks for once and focus at the problem in hands? Thank you. Liam, do us a favour and look into this flash drive but try to make it incognito. Steve, help me stitch this dumbass up so he won't collapse." Both men were too stunned to argue with the ex-assassin so they just complied. Liam grabbed the flash drive and held it tightly in his palm. A minute went by and Liam blinked his eyes open.

"The fuck?" He mumbled.

"What?"

"I can't get in."

"What?!" Natasha's eyes widened. Liam looked around, saw an old TV in the corner of the room, walked to it and placed his hand on it.

"I don't feel anything! I-How..." Then he froze and his eyes glowed in realisation. He turned back to the other two with a grim expression.

"The attack. They knocked me out with a device that produced a sound of hight frequency. It had to be in a certain pattern, but it probably blocked, if not destroyed the enhanced parts of my brain. I don't have my powers anymore."