I.VIII.: Secret weapon

Liam put his helmet on and sat on his motorcycle. He looked over the buildings on the tower and quickly scanned it.

"Shit Stark! How much do you pay for electricity?"

"Thanks to the arc reactor now nothing." Liam somehow knew that Tony was grinning from ear to ear.

"Where's the main source?"

"Practically the whole sixtieth floor, but I think that Jarvis is somewhere near the west corner."

"You think?"

"You'll manage."

"Alright then, wish me luck, I guess."

"Liam..." That was Clint.

"Yes?"

"Be careful, alright?"

"You know me. On the way there, I'll almost kill myself at least three times."

After a while he found himself in the lobby of the famous building. He looked around for the safest way up. The elevator did seem very appealing, but the danger of him alerting Loki if he took it was too big. Fire escape staircase it is then. He sighted; this was the time he'd regret skipping the leg days.

-Time skip-

Finally. Finally he was there. Sweating like a pig and gasping for air.

"How's it lookin' Liam?" Asked Tony in cheerful voice.

"I-I'm dying!" Wheezed out Liam.

"Alright."

After a while of searching, he found door labelled AI arrangements. He opened the door and was met with one of the messiest rooms in a while.

"Oh god...Well let's do this." He whispered to himself and scanned all the cables on the walls and on the floor. It didn't take him long to locate the correct one. He pulled the plug out and then put it back in. Then he moved to the main computer. He got over Tony's security without a problem and found the password to activate Jarvis.

"Wait Liam, you're gonna need a password. It's-"

"IAmIronManBitches? Really Tony? I expected something more original." Liam said with a smirk and was met with a stunned silence. Well, at least from the other side of the comms. He could hear a slowly approaching footsteps in the hall. The blood in his veins had run cold and his heart started to panic. Tony was mumbling something into the comms and Liam tried to shut him up.

"Quiet...no, shut up...I mean it Tony, keep your mouth shut! I think I hear someone." And Tony finally did, allowing Liam to hear the footsteps now clearer than ever.

"Shit..." He whispered and pulled out a gun he had in the holster on his thigh. Liam quickly hid behind a cabinet and waited. He could not determine the exact place where the sound was coming from. It seemed like there were steps in the hall AND the room next door. Liam looked over the corner to the next room, only to be caught off guard by a cold hand that gripped his injured forearm.

"Ugh!" Liam groaned in pain, his left leg giving out from the sudden wave of pain. Long, pale fingers dug themselves into the poorly bandaged wound and Liam felt the warm blood run down his arm all the way to his hip. He blinked away the tears and pointed the gun in his right hand right into Loki's face, but before he could pull the trigger, the gun was slapped away. Loki's grip got stronger and Liam cried out in pain.

"Perfect. You'll be my secret weapon." The god whispered into Liam's ear and put the tip of his sceptre on Liam's chest.