III.IX.: Fights and aftermaths

They all met in the remains of the church. When Jack spotted Natasha's red hair he looked around for his brother, only to realise he's not there.

"Liam's gonna be fine. I sent him on helicarrier." She said and Jack sighed in relief.

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." Iron man says as he joins the group. Then Ultron finally shows up with few robots running towards them.

"Is that the best you can do?!" Thor shouts tauntingly. With a wave of Ultron's hand, an army of flying robots appeared in the air.

"You had to ask." Sighed Steve.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well, like the old man said. Together." And they did. They fought together like one. Ultron looked a little taken back by their fierceness and the robots started retreating.

"Hey Pietro? You ever been to McDonald's?" Asked Jack breathlessly.

"No."

"Me neither. Wanna go with me after this shitshow?"

"Sure." Jack and Pietro grinned at each other and Wanda giggled.

"They'll try to leave the city."

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!"

"I'm on it."

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Said Steve.

"What about the core?"

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda said and Jack smiled proudly at her and started heading for the helicarrier. He always looked into every alley he passed in case they missed someone. When he arrived to the edge of the town he saw Clint, crouching, holding a boy. Jack heard a sound of bullets hitting the ground and saw the blue mist that trailed after Pietro whenever he used his speed. The stupid idiot was about to sacrifice himself.

Jack pulled out a gun and aimed. He aimed with the accuracy they teach you at HYDRA. One simple bullet flew out of the barrel and met its target. The small aircraft's fuel tank. The whole thing exploded and bits and pieces of Ultron flew around like fireworks. Pietro, Clint and the small boy all looked at him with surprise.

"What? You promised you'd go to McDonald's with me, you think I'd let you die after that?"

"Jesus Christ just kiss already." Clint sighed and rushed with the boy back on helicarrier. The other two looked at each other, blushed and ran after the archer.

-Time skip-

A groan escaped Liam's lips as he woke up. The room he was in was bright, so it took him a few tries before he opened his eyes fully.

"Hey there, sleeping beauty." Natasha's voice rang out.

"Tasha. What happened? How long was I out?" Natasha's face turned grim.

"Bad news. Your annoying dumbass of a brother went on a date to McDonald's with Sonic the Hedgehog." Liam stared, his brain not catching up.

"Huh? What? Sonic the...Wait. No!" He shouted as he finally understood. "I thought the twins- what?"

"They realised their mistakes and helped us against Ultron in Sokovia. You've been out for quite some time. Five days. Tony even managed to- Well, you should look at your hands first." She said and looked down with sad expression.

"Oh my- Well... I would be lying if I said I didn't expect this but...wow." Liam said and stared at his hands. On his right hand, his little and ring fingers were missing and on his left, there was no thumb or index finger.

"The joints were shattered beyond repair, and the circulation has been cut off for way too long. Tony felt guilty, so he built you a prosthetics. They look pretty cool in my opinion."

"I hope it has blue RGB lights." Liam said and Natasha let out a laugh.

"I'm sure he can make some adjustments."

"So my little brother started dating before me, that's kinda embarrassing."

"What? You never dated before?"

"Well, before we met, I never knew anyone well enough, so, as a demisexual, that didn't leave me with many options." Liam admitted.

"And after we met?"

"Hmm. Depends if you want to keep working as a bartender or if you're up to dealing with my crippled dumbass a little longer." Liam smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"Well if you're gonna be too annoying I'm just gonna do this." She said and did a finger gun against his chest. "Bang."

"Straight through my heart."