II.V.: Laying low for a while

Sam Wilson was having a normal morning. He just returned from his usual morning run and was getting ready to hop into shower. A knock on his front door interrupted him.

"Hey, man."

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Said Steve Rogers in hushed voice. Sam scanned the other two who were with Steve. He recognized Natasha but didn't know the other man.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Said the red head.

"Not everyone."

-Time skip-

Liam was wiping away the blood on Natasha's split lip while Steve was bandaging her arm.

"You okay?" Asked the solider.

"Yeah." She said, but Liam was having none of it.

"What's going on?" He asked while looking into her eyes. She sighed but spoke.

"When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore."

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." Said Steve and made all of them faintly smile.

"We owe you." Said Liam, recalling how Steve protected them both from the blast from the missile.

"It's okay."

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" Asked Natasha and stared at the super solider.

"I would now. And I'm always honest."

"Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing."

"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting."

"What about you Liam?"

"Sorry, you have to be at least level 10 friend to be able to unlock my tragic backstory." Natasha sent him a playful glare and Steve snorted.

"Well, I guess I owe you that much. My father was one of the lead scientists in Hydra. Jason Roberts. He had a theory, wanted to transfer consciousness from one person to another. He was trying to find a new body for Zola but that much you probably already know. At first, he tried it with my older sister, Tina, but it didn't work out. She died. Then my pregnant mom. Same story. Then me. I, obviously, didn't die, which my father thought to be a great success, but it didn't work out the way he wanted. With the new powers I managed to break out and blow the place up."

"How old were you?" Asked Steve.

"Eh...Around eight when I run away?"

"Wow, father of the year that one." Said Natasha and Liam chuckled.

"I made breakfast. If you guys...eat that sort of thing." Sam said and they nodded on thanks.

"So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?"

"Pierce." Said Liam and Steve in unison.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Murmured Natasha.

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."

"So was Jasper Sitwell."

"So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Said Liam before biting into an apple.

"The answer is: you don't." Said Sam and dropped a file in front of them.

"What's this?"

"Call it a resume."

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you? You didn't say he was a para-rescue. I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?"

"No. These." Sam then handed them another folder.

"I thought you said you were a pilot."

"I never said pilot." Liam peered over Cap's shoulder and in big bold letters there was written: PROJECT FALCON

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in."

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall." Nat, Steve and Liam exchanged glances.

"Shouldn't be a problem."