I.III.: Mr. Egoist

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him." Said Bruce.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days." Said Natasha and sent an unimpressed look in Thor's direction.

"He's adopted?"

"Wow, so much for defending him two seconds ago."

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what do they need the Iridium for?" Asked Banner.

"It's a stabilizing agent." Said Liam in the same moment as Stark, who just walked in with Coulson by his side. Iron Man sent Liam impressed look and Liam just raised an eyebrow.

"Means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at SHIELD." Finished Stark.

"Also, means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants." Added Liam and Tony nodded along while looking around the bridge from the control panel.

"That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did." Standing now at the command area of the ship, Tony covered one eye.

"How does Fury even see these?"

"He turns." Answers Maria Hill with attitude.

"Sounds exhausting!" Jesus Christ...Thinks Liam. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily."

"Only major component he still needs is a power source of high energy density. Something to...kick start the Cube." Finishes Liam their little speech.

"When did you two become experts in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Asked Maria with furrowed eyebrows.

"Last night." Says proudly Tony.

"Ten minutes ago." Responds Liam with a flash of his eye in Maria's direction.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Asked Steve, just barely keeping up with the conversation.

"He'd have to heat the Cube to a hundred and twenty million kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Answered calmly Bruce.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the Quantum Tunneling effect." Pointed out Tony.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy-ion fusion at any reactor on the planet." Added Liam with realisation.

"Finally. Someone who speaks English." Grinned Tony.

"Is that what just happened?" Asked Steve and looked around to see if anyone was as confused as him.

"It's good to meet you, Doctor Banner. Your work on anti-electronic collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

"...Thanks." Awkwardly said Banner, no longer feeling complimented. Tony then went to Liam.

"Tony Stark. Genius, billionaire, playboy and-"

"And an egoist. Yes, I heard about you." Cut him off Liam.

"But I haven't heard anything about you." Said Tony with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Doctor Banner and Mr. Mills are only here to track the Cube. I was hoping you might join them." Said Fury as he walked in.

"I'd start with that stick of his. It may be magical but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Suggested Steve.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the Cube. And I like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkeys? I do not understand-" Said Thor but was interrupted by Steve.

"I do!" The entire room instantly went silent, everyone staring at Steve.

"I...I understood that reference."