III.II.: Just when it started looking good

"But, it's a trick!" Shouted Clint and pointed his drum sticks at Thor's hammer.

"Oh, no. It's much more than that."

"Uh, "Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!" Whatever man! It's a trick." Liam laughed at Hawkeye. He was definitely the most fun when drunk.

"Well please, be my guest."

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful." Giggled Jack.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Smirked Tony and others laughed.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint says and tries to lift the hammer and fails. "I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgment?"

"Please, Stark, by all means."

"Oh, here we go." Murmured Natasha and Liam next to her snorted.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge."

"Here we go." Cheered Jack.

"It's physics."

"Sure...physics!" Laughed Liam.

"Right, so, if I lift it, I...I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course." Thor answers, barely hiding the smirk.

"I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta... I'll be right back." He returns after a few minutes with his armoured hand. And miserably fails. And so everyone circles in trying to lift the hammer, but no one succeeds.

"Widow?" Asks Bruce and Natasha shakes her head.

"Oh, no no. That's not a question I need answered."

"Liam? C'mon, you have to. I went so now you have to try too." Said Jack and pushed him from his seat. The older playfully glared at his brother but went anyways.

"Here goes nothing, I guess." And just as he's about to grab the handle, his mind turns foggy and a familiar feeling of a vision drowns him.

"̴I̸ ̸h̷a̸d̷ ̴s̴t̸r̶i̸n̷g̶s̶,̷ ̷b̸u̵t̸ ̷n̵o̸w̶ ̶I̸'̶m̴ ̸f̸r̸e̷e̷.̴ ̵T̷h̵e̴r̷e̷ ̶a̶r̷e̵ ̴n̷o̵ ̴s̸t̴r̷i̴n̷g̶s̷ ̸o̴n̸ ̴m̸e̷,̵ ̴n̴o̸ ̴s̴t̶r̶i̷n̵g̵s̶ ̵o̶n̷ ̵m̶e̴.̷"̶

"Shit!" He snaps out and stumbles back. His head pounds like a hammer and he squeezes his eyes shut in pain.

"Liam!" Others shouted, which wasn't really helping.

"Fuck, Tony! The Iron Legion! Something's happening!"

"̸W̵o̷r̸t̶h̸y̴.̷.̸.̵ ̷N̷o̶,̴ ̷h̴o̷w̵ ̴c̷o̸u̵l̷d̷ ̴y̵o̴u̷ ̷b̷e̸ ̵w̴o̸r̶t̴h̸y̸?̵ ̸Y̵o̶u̷'̵r̸e̴ ̵a̸l̶l̶ ̶k̴i̷l̷l̵e̶r̵s̴."

"Stark?" Steve said warily.

"JARVIS."

"̶I̸'̸m̴ ̸s̶o̷r̸r̶y̵,̶ ̷I̷ ̵w̵a̵s̴ ̵a̷s̷l̸e̶e̷p̵.̵ ̶O̷r̴.̴.̴.̸ ̷ ̷w̵a̵s̴ ̵it a d̸r̸e̵a̵m̷?̸"̸

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit." There was a rising panic in Tony's voice.

"̵T̴h̶e̵r̸e̵ ̶w̸a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̵t̴e̷r̷r̵i̴b̵l̴e̵ ̴n̶o̴i̷s̶e̸.̶.̵.̵ ̵a̸n̷d̶ ̴I̴ ̴w̵a̷s̸ ̵t̴a̵n̷g̴l̷e̴d̸ ̴i̵n̸.̵.̵.̴ ̵i̶n̷.̵.̸.̵ ̶s̷t̸r̴i̶n̸g̴s̵.̴ ̷I̵ ̵h̴a̴d̸ ̵t̸o̵ ̷k̷i̷l̵l̷ ̶t̴h̷e̶ ̷o̶t̴h̴e̷r̴ ̴g̷u̷y̴.̷ ̸H̸e̵ ̶w̴a̸s̵ ̴a̵ ̶g̴o̶o̸d̴ ̸g̵u̴y̶.̵"̷

"You killed someone?"

"̴W̵o̷u̴l̸d̷n̶'̶t̶ ̵h̶a̵v̸e̵ ̶b̶e̵e̸n̷ ̶m̶y̷ ̴f̵i̴r̸s̷t̴ ̵c̸a̸l̵l̸.̷ ̶B̷u̵t̸,̷ ̴d̷o̶w̵n̶ ̴i̷n̶ ̶t̸h̸e̴ ̶r̴e̷a̵l̸ ̷w̶o̵r̸l̷d̶ ̴w̴e̷'̷r̶e̴ ̴f̶a̶c̶e̶d̴ ̶w̴i̴t̸h̸ ̵u̸g̶l̶y̵ ̶c̴h̴o̶i̴c̶e̸s̶.̴"̷

"Who sent you?" Asked Thor threateningly.

"I see a suit of armor around the world." Tony's voice came out of the robot.

"Ultron!" Said Bruce in disbelief.

"̷I̴n̶ ̷t̸h̸e̵ ̸f̶l̶e̴s̶h̵.̷ ̸O̷r̸,̷ ̶n̴o̴,̷ ̵n̴o̷t̴ ̷y̸e̶t̷.̸ ̷N̸o̵t̴ ̶t̴h̷i̴s̵.̸.̴.̴ ̶c̵h̷r̵y̸s̸a̶l̸i̴s̸.̶ ̷B̷u̸t̶ ̶I̵'̵m̸ ̴r̸e̶a̶d̴y̸.̸ ̴I̴'̶m̸ ̶o̷n̷ ̸a̶ ̶m̷i̵s̷s̷i̷o̶n̶.̸"̵

"What mission?" Asked Natasha, pulling out a gun out of the holster on her thigh.

"̴P̵e̷a̴c̷e̷ ̸i̴n̸ ̸o̵u̸r̸ ̷t̶i̸m̶e̴.̴"̶

And the wall behind it exploded, Dr. Cho screamed, and the avengers jumped into the action. Several Iron Legion bots barged into the room and started attacking. Liam moved quickly and touched as many robots as he could, disabling them. He, however, did not notice one of them sneaking up behind him.

Jack breathed heavily as he kicked the last robot at Thor to destroy in with his hammer. He looked around for the others and the colour drained from his face.

"Where is Liam?"

"̴I̸ ̸h̷a̸d̷ ̴s̴t̸r̶i̸n̷g̶s̶,̷ ̷b̸u̵t̸ ̷n̵o̸w̶ ̶I̸'̶m̴ ̸f̸r̸e̷e̷.̴ ̵T̷h̵e̴r̷e̷ ̶a̶r̷e̵ ̴n̷o̵ ̴s̸t̴r̷i̴n̷g̶s̷ ̸o̴n̸ ̴m̸e̷,̵ ̴n̴o̸ ̴s̴t̶r̶i̷n̵g̵s̶ ̵o̶n̷ ̵m̶e̴.̷"̶

Sang Ultron as the robot shut down.