I.IV.: Something to think about

After a few very boring hours, Fury finally came up with something for Liam to do. But it wasn't something he expected, nor wanted.

"I'm sorry, what do you want me to do?!"

"We need you to interrogate Loki." Liam blinked a few times in disbelief and when he saw no hint of joke in Fury's eye, he nervously gulped.

And so here he was, before the entrance to the room that held Loki's cell. He took a deep breath and opened the door. He didn't try to be sneaky. He knew that Loki would know about him. Loki's piercing green eyes met his brown ones. Liam stopped 8 feet before the glass and watched every move the god made. Loki smirked.

"It's not every day I get to see this broken man." Chuckled Loki and made his way to the glass.

"You should probably look into mirror more often then." Said Liam calmly and Loki glared at him. "You figured I'd come."

"Of course. After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate."

"Yes. That would be the easiest way." Sighted Liam.

"Oh please, you don't even know why it was you, who that pirate sent down here."

"Excuse me?" Asked Liam, Loki now had his full attention.

"Do you really think that he would send you here if he thought you had even a pinch of emotions? Of course not. I'm sure that he sees you just as a machine, some kind of cold computer. And he is afraid of you. Those comments about your hands? I'm surprised you aren't curious." Spoke Loki and stepped closer and closer to Liam.

"I am curious, but something tells me that I'll sleep better if I don't know." Loki smiled at his statement.

"And that is the exact reason what makes you, Liam Mills, that non-emotional cold thing." That hit Liam hard. His eyes widened and he took a shaky breath. "I pity you. Your father, crazy man, working for one sick organization. Sister and pregnant mother, their first test subjects. They did not make it, did they? Next in line, you. How old were you? Seven? Eight? It doesn't matter. Murderer, so young. You have blood on your hands that will not wash away, no matter what you do!" Loki slammed his fist into the glass, making Liam jump and turn away.

"You're a monster." Whispered Liam with shaky voice and head hung low.

"Oh, no. The red-head brought the monster."

"So, Banner? That's your play?" Liam turned back to Loki, his face dry of any emotion.

"What?" Frowned Loki.

"Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." Liam stopped before leaving and for the last time turned his eyes to Loki.

"Thank you, for your cooperation." He smiled at the god and left.