III.III.: Don't talk like he's already dead!

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Sighed Bruce. "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting? Like nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Said Rhodey with a glare directed on the floor.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Looked around Natasha.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Corrected her Steve. In the meantime, Jack sat silently in the corner of the room, staring at nothing. He was happy, finally happy. And then, with a snap of fingers, that happiness was ripped away from him by Stark's creation. He was angry.

Stark laughed.

Somehow, the annoying sound was able to pierce through the thick fog around his mind and he flashed his eyes upwards.

He stood up.

It looked like Stark was getting ready to say something, but his eyes caught a movement from behind him. He turned around and saw Jack approaching him, left hand clenched in fist. Tony was about to take a step back, but Steve was quicker.

"He wouldn't want this." He said to Jack and grabbed his shoulder. He glared at him.

"Don't talk like he's already dead!" He spat, hate raging behind his eyes.

"He's not dead, ok? We're gonna find him and get him home." Natasha said, but it sounded like she was talking more to herself than Jack. The younger Mills looked her in the eyes and saw determination.

"Let's get to work then. He needs us."

-Time skip-

Liam felt pain. His head, legs, back, stomach, hands... Oh God, his hands. They felt like they were run over by a tank. It felt like his pinkies were completely shattered, and he definitely had a dislocated thumb. He quietly groaned and opened his eyes. He was lying on the floor of an old looking cell. His arms were basically covered to his elbows in some kind of cuffs that were squeezing the living hell out of him. Liam activated his powers to find out his location. Then he screamed as an electric shock ran through him.

"Ah, great. I was afraid I would have to explain this mechanic to you, but luckily, I don't have to. The concept is pretty easy to understand with few tries." Said a robotic voice that Liam recognized. It was definitely smoother than before, but there was no doubt that it was Ultron.

"Fuck off you toaster!" Liam spat and someone behind Ultron chuckled.

"Big words for someone who looks like he went through a juicer." A silver haired man appeared in the light. He looked young, couldn't be older than Jack. Out of instinct, he went to scan his face, which appeared to be a mistake as another shock ran through his body.

"Fuck!" He cursed and his mind pulsed with pain.

"Watch out for him. He is the only one who could destroy our plan with a simple touch." Ultron said to the twins as he left injured Liam to his suffering.

"Why not just get rid of him then?" Asked Wanda, rising an eyebrow.

"He could be useful once you break him. Work on him, make him surrender and he'll be a valuable ally." Ultron said to Wanda, and she smiled.