TS: Melting Into You (Jail Track) - 1

This is based on the current track of the show where Anirudh is in jail, and Bondita is working hard to free him of his charges. 

This TS takes place after Bondita successfully frees Anirudh from his death sentence.

--

Innocent from all charges.

Anirudh Roy Choudhary was declared innocent by the court. He was free of all charges and allowed to go home. 

His student, his best friend, and his wife, Barrister Bondita Anirudh Roy Choudhary had taken it upon herself -- from countless sleepless nights, accumulating many evidences, gathering witnesses and presenting them to court. 

She had finally done it. 

Bondita had finally freed Anirudh. She had won her first case -- but that didn't matter to her. What mattered to her was that her Pati Babu was back with her. That he was freed from charges he did not deserve. She had proved his innocence in court, and now he was back beside her. He was back home

As Anirudh and Bondita stepped on the doorsteps of the Roy Choudhary haveli, hand in hand, Sampoorna Maa had brought the aarti thali to greet them. 

Bondita looked at Anirudh who had changed to a dress shirt and pants after court. Her heart was heavy and her eyes full of tears that just weren't falling. Anirudh wasn't meeting Bondita's eyes. His heart was also heavy. 

After Sampoorna Maa did the puja to greet them, they entered the haveli together, with the whole family gathered around.

Kaka lead them to the dining area, seating both Anirudh and Bondita, so that they could be served fresh food. While Anirudh was eating bland food in jail, Bondita was also not eating much at home. Anirudh lived like a prisoner, but Bondita also did not eat properly or get enough sleep in the last two weeks. 

As both Anirudh and Bondita ate quietly, the rest of the family didn't talk much to them. They understood how exhausted the two of them were, and there was always time for conversation. 

"Both of you go and get some rest," Sampoorna Maa said to Bondita when they finished eating. "You haven't slept properly for so long Bondita, and we know that Anirudh must not have slept at all." 

"Yes Bahu, go upstairs to the room and take some rest. Take care of Anirudh, and yourself," her Kakasasurji urged. "I don't know when we will see his old self again."

Anirudh was already making his way upstairs, looking quite lifeless. Bondita watched him go up, her own body feeling drained. 

"Pati Babu is fine," Bondita reassured the family members. "It will just take some time for him to feel normal again, but he is okay." 

"I know that with you beside him, he will be okay," Trilochan said, "We won't disturb you. You both need to rest after all of the stress and sleepless nights you've been through." 

Then her Kakasasurji placed his hand on her head and with teary eyes said, "We are all so proud to have you in our family Bahu. So proud. You saved our son. You saved him."

Bondita smiled at the family, trying hard to hold back the tears that were building in her own eyes. 

"I'll go upstairs then," she told them, and then went upstairs to her Pati Babu. 

As soon as she entered her Pati Babu's bedroom -- no, it was their bedroom now, she closed the door and locked it. 

Anirudh was standing there, looking like he was in a daze. 

Bondita went over to him, dropping her barrister robe on top of the dressing table on the way. She placed her hand on his arm gently. 

He turned to face her. His eyes looked lifeless.