SS: She's My Bondita! (VJ Track) - 2

Anirudh's hands were shaking as he held the identity card. 

"B - Bondita," he said, an ache in his heart as he looked at the card that had barrister written beside her name, his eyes glossing over. A slow smile appeared on his lips as the tears poured down slowly. "B - Barrister Babu Bondita." 

He fell further onto the ground, leaning against his desk and stared at the card, tears rolling down his cheeks, a bittersweet smile on his lips. 

"Y - You were in front of my eyes all this time a - and I c - couldn't recognize you B - Bondita," he whispered, "Y - You w - were m - my Bondita all along?" 

He closed his eyes and recalled all the moments he spent with Vaijayanti. There had been many times that she reminded him of Bondita. In fact, she didn't just remind him, he felt that she was Bondita on many occasions. Anirudh just refused to believe it. He had been in high denial.

Deep down, perhaps even Anirudh Roy Choudhary had known all along that she was Bondita, and he played the game so that he wouldn't bear the pain of being far away from his Bondita. Maybe subconsciously he knew, but consciously he played along so that he could embrace the moments where she would be in front of him, and he could see her. If he called her out, what if he had pushed her away from the very beginning itself, before his walls had come crumbling down? 

Now his walls had already crumbled, so there was no question of pushing away their powerful equation. Vaijayanti had broken down his walls slowly, to never be built back again. 

Anirudh brought the card to his chest and held it preciously. This was his Bondita's identity. This was the proof of her most powerful form. This was part of Barrister Babu Bondita. It was evidence that their dream was fulfilled. He would keep this card safely. 

As more tears fell down his cheeks, he recalled all the things that Vaijayanti said and did -- the funny things, the memories she ignited, the way that she made him laugh after eight years. He ate roshogullas again because of her. He played the piano again because of her. 

Anirudh smiled through his tears. 

"Bondita," he said, his voice heavy. "You did all of this, just for me?"

He closed his eyes, feeling a warm sensation in his chest. He didn't have the willpower to fight this feeling anymore. He wanted to take her in his arms and make her his forever now. He was the heart, but she was the heartbeat. They couldn't live without each other. 

The next day, when Bondita went to the Roy Choudhary haveli as Vaijayanti for yet another attempt to bring her name to her Sakha Babu's lips, she didn't expect what was coming. 

Bondita went straight to his study, but he wasn't there. Sighing, she kept her bag on his desk, wondering where he went so early in the morning. 

The door to the study closed, and she turned around to face Anirudh. 

"Oh Vaijayanti, you're here?" he asked her. 

"Aiyo Appa! Barristara Babu, of course I'm here! Or do you think it's my ghost?" she asked, walking right up to him and placing her hands on her hips. 

Anirudh looked at her, trying to hide his smile. He just maintained a neutral expression and walked towards his desk, taking off his glasses and playing with them, a blush on his cheeks. 

Vaijayanti followed him to his desk and asked, "What happened Barristara Babu? Today you seem happy." 

Anirudh turned around and looked at her, putting his glasses on the desk.