OS: The Light of Their Lives (Anirudh's Birthday)

On the occasion of Anirudh's Birthday and Makar Sankranti/Thai Pongal/Poush Sankranti (and many more names for this occasion), I thought it would be a beautiful idea to share an OS with you all about Anirudh's birthday. 

(Just for some insight, in the show during the Greenwood track, they mentioned that he was born on January 14th!)

It was a spur-of-the-moment idea! I hope you enjoy it! ❤️

-- 

When Anirudh Roy Choudhary was born, a young Shubhra held his small body in her arms and looked at him with tears in her eyes. 

At a tender and young age, she had given birth to her firstborn, and there was nothing more auspicious for her on this date. 

"Today is Poush Sakranti. It has many names across the nation, and rightfully so. It is the start to a time period where the dark days are getting shorter, and the bright days are growing," Shubhra murmured to her newborn. "There are more hours of sunlight starting from today. The darkest and most depressing of the days are over. It is a day where we celebrate abundance. And today I truly feel this. Because my baby, you were born on this beautiful day. You were born as the light of my life, and you have blessed me with abundance my child." 

She pressed a kiss to the baby's forehead and smiled. 

-- 

Bondita was twelve years old when it was her Pati Babu's birthday. 

She was helping her Kakasasurji pack clothing to give to those in need. Anirudh was also helping to load the clothes into boxes. They were doing this for Anirudh's birthday. 

"On birthdays we give to others, because on this day we want to spread joy. We want to shower others with abundance and good fortune. Birthdays are meant to be selfless, not selfish," Kaka explained. "We want others to feel nourished and full on this special day. You want to source the light that drives out the darkness in everyone's minds and hearts. This is the importance of a birthday." 

"But Kakasasurji, Pati Babu said that in London they blow out candles on birthdays!" Bondita said with a gasp. 

"Nonsense!" Kaka huffed, "What kind of tradition is that!" 

"It sounds so funny to me too! Why do they do that? Won't germs go everywhere? And shouldn't we want to bring in the light, and not blow it out?" Bondita wondered. 

Anirudh looked at Bondita with a smile, and he said, "You have very valid points Bondita. From today, let's celebrate birthdays by lighting candles. We won't ever blow out candles on our birthdays, because you're correct. We don't want to spread germs and diseases, and we don't want to bring in darkness. We don't want to ask for things for ourselves, but rather be the helping hand for others. Birthdays are meant to be giving, and just like that, from now on, I will also only give on my birthday." 

Bondita grinned with excitement and said, "Me too! I will also only give just like you!" 

Anirudh laughed and he finished packing clothes into the current box he was working on. 

"Pati Babu, you were born on Poush Sankranti, so it makes sense why you are the joy in my life!" she told him happily. 

Anirudh looked at Bondita with surprise. 

"I am?" he asked, a small smile on his lips. 

"Yes Pati Babu! You're the joy, the light, and the abundance of my life! Even when my days are the darkest, you have been the one who shines the brightest! Your birthdate is very correct!" Bondita said with a giggle.